Dark Desire

by Christine Feehan

Series: Dark Series (2)

1,819367,149 (3.92)35
The stranger silently summoned her from across the continents, across the seas. He whispered of eternal torment, of endless hunger...of dark, dangerous desires. And somehow American surgeon Shea O'Halloran could feel his anguish, sense his haunting aloneness, and she ached to heal him, to heal herself.… (more)
    Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter

English (35)  German (1)  All languages (36)
Okay, so 2.5 stars I think. This is the first book of the series I'm reading and well, it didnt really leave me all that excited to continue on. Maybe I will, maybe not.
The first third of the book was amazing but after that, I thought of dnf'ing the book multiple times. It was hovering really close to misogynism to me and well, though Shea was a really-string willed doctor who was determined to stick to her principles and make her own decisions, Jacques rarely respected those decisions - at least in the second third of the book. This could be somewhat understandable in the sense that his was a different race of people, but well, difficult for me to adjust. Anyway, the last third of the book was much more exciting and I guess by that time I had more or less accepted that if I wanted to finish this book I had to overlook certain asects of it that I dislike strongly.

Another issue for me was that the Carpathian came off as expecting/valuing the females only for their child-bearing abilities. Hated that aspect ( )
  pakhi289 | Mar 26, 2021 |
pb ( )
  5083mitzi | Apr 26, 2020 |
This book was intense, going from being stark mad, almost a raging lunatic to being a somewhat functional Carpathian for Jaques was amazing. This book grabbed me within the first few chapters and every chance I got to read this I was seeking to find out what was happening next. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Shea brings Jacque back from madness and finds the love and some of the answers she's been seeking
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
He cam out of the night, so beautifully male he took her breath away. his black eyes moved over her possessively, curiously predatory. He was not human. He was Carpathian, of the Earth. He could command the wind, run with the wolf, soar with the owl, become on with the rain itself.
"Choose life for us, Shea," he said. "For our children. I will not be easy to live with, but I swear to you no one could love you more. I will do anything to make you happy."
Shea shook her head. "I'm not strong enough, Jacques. I can't do this."
"You are just afraid." His voice was so soft, she felt it on her very skin, as if his fingertips were skimming over satin in the lightest caress. Jacques stepped closer, his dark eyes intense. "Choose me now, Shea. Need me. Want me. Love me. Choose life for us."

For my father, Mark King, who taught me there are many kinds of heroes in the world. For my agent, Helen, who refused to give up on my Carpathians. Special thanks to Allison Luce and my daughter, Billie Jo Feehan, who fell in love with Jacques and gave many helpful suggestions. And of course for my son Brian who had to read the action scenes many, many times for me.
There was blood, a river of it running.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,388,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible