Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James

Fifty Shades Freed

by E. L. James

4,5542031,568 (3.36)1 / 77

English (198)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (207)
I started reading the last book of the trilogy with a little skepticism, as the last book was somewhat disappointing. I didn't understand the title of this book until the last few chapters. They (mainly Christian) became free from blackmail, certain people that made their life worse, and the past. The past always seem to haunt Christian, dragging Ana along with him. I got to hand it to Ana, though. She is one brave young woman.

This book was pretty much about Ana asserting her dominance and will over her husbands workers and even her husband. She had problems with his "requests" and often deliberately defied him; Which led to fights, which led to sex, and this time, it wasn't so vanilla.

I was irate when I started reading the book and it went straight to the honeymoon. Umm .... excuse me, author, but you bypassed a couple of months... which I didn't like. I was rather looking forward to the wedding planning, all the appointments that Ana and Christian would have to go to for cake tasting, color selection, etc... But no. We, the readers, got denied such a big, beautiful, and expensive part of the Grey's life.

Another thing, can Christian ever say anything other than "Ana, you're so beautiful." or "Your skin is so soft." Okay. We get it. Ana is pretty/beautiful/hot. Can we use some other descriptive words, please?

This book was much more entertaining and exciting than the last book. I was right about my assumption of Ana having her work cut out for her. In the end, she's victorious and has everything she ever wanted or needed. She has her "Happily Ever After", after all.

That lucky bitch.

This is just my opinion. Honest and true. ( )
  ashleydavida | Dec 21, 2018 |
A powerful conclusion to an emotional trilogy, full of powerful characters who have issues in which they have to deal with. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
Something about these last two books had me addicted to the series because I had to find out how it ended. Now I would definitely not put this in my top 100 to read but if you are looking for something different to read it definitely worth giving it a try and deciding for yourself what you think of it. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
Thus, it is done.

Bravely, I have gone through the Grey trilogy. I have survived the numerable love scenes that seemed to never end, I endured the tedious dialogue, the poor characterization, and the attempts at suspense scenes. I made it, dear readers. I made it. Barely.

[b:Fifty Shades Freed|12881778|Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320316311s/12881778.jpg|18034963] is a strange book. From [b:Fifty Shades of Grey|10818853|Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1300842729s/10818853.jpg|15732562] to [b:Fifty Shades Darker|11857408|Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1309183143s/11857408.jpg|16813814] you can witness the way that [a:E.L. James|4725841|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1308409727p2/4725841.jpg] evolved. You can see improvements - there is more a plot, more tension, and more characters. These improvements carried through to [b:Fifty Shades Freed|12881778|Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320316311s/12881778.jpg|18034963] and were further built upon. The last third of the book was particularly pleasant, and I liked the way the characters developed.

Overall, [a:E.L. James|4725841|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1308409727p2/4725841.jpg] is a vastly better author than she was when she began this trilogy. While I didn't enjoy this book, this genre isn't one that I normally read to begin with. I'll be interested to see what her next project is - the paranormal romance thriller(?) and how her writing improves as she continues. What separates [a:E.L. James|4725841|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1308409727p2/4725841.jpg] from other often criticized authors is that one can tell she's trying. She's taken what criticism there was, and applied herself to fixing it.

In more capable hands, this trilogy wouldn't be half bad. As it is, I think that [a:E.L. James|4725841|E.L. James|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1308409727p2/4725841.jpg] could use a better editor and have her books cut down a little. With less erotic scenes and superfluous drama these books could be concise, snappy reads and perhaps even attract a wider audience. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Para mi Mama con todo mi amor y gratitud
And for my beloved Father,
Daddy I miss you every day
Mommy! Mommy! Mommy is asleep on the floor.
For all our firsts on your first birthday as my beloved life.
I love you
C x
*WOULD YOU LIKE MRS. LINCOLN TO JOIN US
WHEN WE EVENTUALLY DISCUSS THIS TEXT SHE
SENT YOU? IT WILL SAVE YOU RUNNING TO
HER AFTERWARD, YOU WIFE*

When unworldly student Anastasia Stelle first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately repelled by Christian's singular erotic tastes, Ana demand a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all - love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. but Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate conspire to make Ana's deepest fears turn to reality.

Even though Christian and Anastasia are now a proper couple, they still have many obstacles to overcome, including Christian's past coming back to haunt Anastasia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

E. L. James's book Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades Trilogy #3) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,460,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible