Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons (2012)

by Eric Litwin

Other authors: James Dean (Illustrator)

Series: Pete the Cat (3)

Pete the cat loves the buttons on his shirt so much that he makes up a song about them, and even as the buttons pop off, one by one, he still finds a reason to sing.

My grandson wanted this read over and over one day when he was almost three. He would say, “Again.” I kept reading it. I admit his parents got tired of it. The very next day he sat in his little stuffed chair and read the entire book aloud to himself, which he was unaware was videotaped —adorable. Even, “Well, I still have my bellybutton!” I wish I could share but I would be in trouble with his parents!

What a simple story but perfectly wonderful for a young child, even with the backwards counting. ( )
  WiseOwlFactory | Feb 20, 2022 |
Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons is a story about Pete who losses his buttons one by one. He stays positive and doesn't cry because "buttons come and go". Pete is very relaxed about losing his buttons. This book is a great way to teach numbers and subtraction. ( )
  zalamery | Oct 25, 2021 |
This book is a great read for children as well as pretty much all Pete the Cat books. I think all the songs in the books are bops and kids love them. Also this book has some math in it which is good.
  mackenziemitchell | Oct 5, 2020 |
This book is about Pete the Cat and his buttons. His buttons keep popping off and the book shows the math so that students can see how many buttons he has after each one pops off.
  abeckley | Oct 4, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |

Eric Litwinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,755,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible