Three

by Ted Dekker

A nightmare world begins for Kevin, a young seminarian, when he receives a cell phone call from an unknown man directing him to confess his sin to the world in three minutes or be blown to bits.

English (52)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (2)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (57)
His cellphone rings and twenty-eight-year-old seminary student Kevin Parson is thrown into the middle of what seems to be a madman’s game. He must confess his sin to the world or risk the consequences . . . but Kevin, a quiet, unassuming, naïve young man, has no idea why anyone would want to hurt him and doesn’t know what dark secret from his past this madman called Slater wants him to reveal.

A bomb explodes and the cat-and-mouse game between hunter and hunted begins. As Slater relentlessly stalks Kevin and the danger escalates, who will win this malicious game?

Strong characters, an intriguing premise, and a top-notch telling of the tale all combine to create a truly riveting mystery. The suspense is palpable; the tension unending. The captivating story unfolds through several points of view: Kevin, his friend Samantha Sheer [who works for the California Bureau of Investigation], FBI Special Agent Jennifer Peters, and Richard Slater.

In this evocative tale of good, evil, and what lies between them, readers will find that the more they believe they understand the less they really comprehend. And the narrative, for most of the telling of the tale, keeps the reader glued to the page.

But, then, the story takes an unforeseen turn, an unexpected twist that turns everything upside down and strains credibility. Consequently, many readers are going to feel cheated by this regrettable turn of events and the narrative’s disappointing denouement. ( )
  jfe16 | Jan 20, 2021 |
This book sounded like it had an interesting premise, but it quickly turned into a mess.

The plot revolves around a man who has a form of multiple personality disorder than is supposedly completely unprecedented. He is the 'everyman' struggling between good and evil, while his other two personalities represent the good and evil that every one struggles with.

Had the book included this plot in the synopsis, rather than using it as the twist ending, I would probably have been okay with it. Instead, the author uses various gimmicks to try to keep up the suspense on whether or not there is a serial killer in this book, or if the main character is secretly housing multiple personalities. ( )
  allyofthedawn | Feb 12, 2020 |
Thr3e by Ted Dekker

Kevin gets an alarming phone call while driving home one day. He has three minutes to tell the world his "sin" or his car will explode. He continues to get threatening calls, with impossible to answer riddles and dire consequences if he does not comply.

A fast paced psychological thriller with an intense original plot. The characters are well developed, especially Kevin. With descriptive details, intense dialog, secrets revealed, twists and turns. I was on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend Thr3e to those who love a great psychological thriller. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Dec 3, 2018 |
Josh
  LoBiancoBuzzard | Apr 4, 2017 |
I am glad this was my third book by Dekker, cause it blew me away and now I have very high expectations for everything else I read. Tempered by what I've already read. Incredible! One man, 3 completely distinct personalities, battling it out. A psychological take on the Trey Nature of Man[at least according to Dekker]-ourself, our sin self and our regenerated self. I don't agree with his conclusions, for I believe that once a man is saved, he is Regenerated, a completely new being. The flesh is not a nature", but an outergarment. But anyway, this was an excellent book even if I did want to kill Kevin for being such a wuss and stupid idiot throughout most of it." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Räsänen, OiliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,052,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible