The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving

by Jonathan Evison

After losing virtually everything meaningful in his life, Benjamin trains to be a caregiver, but his first client, a fiercely independent teen with muscular dystrophy, gives him more than he bargained for and soon the two embark on a road trip to visit the boy's ailing father.
    The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (ReluctantTechie)
    ReluctantTechie: Both books deal with long-term issues of grief and the protagonists both come to closure following a journey. The situations presented are unusual but the human emotions ring true.
    This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Both feature main characters that don't have a lot left to lose.

English (63)  French (1)  All languages (64)
Disabilities, ( )
  DesertRain | Aug 9, 2021 |

Touching and well written. ( )
  mbellucci | Apr 10, 2021 |
I enjoyed this book quite a bit with its dry humor and different father-child relationships that all make the same point that we will most likely fail as parents but need to keep trying, all of this with the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains. ( )
  WiebkeK | Jan 21, 2021 |
The narrator's attitude towards women was so unpleasant that I actually couldn't read any more - the final straw was commenting that a woman who was wearing leggings needed a Brazilian!
  AHouseOfBooks | Oct 28, 2020 |
The trick of this novel is the fitting together of people who don't fit at all. The characters are all pretty much totally unlikable on paper. The author finds the totally likeableness of each. It is all improbable and really charming. The occasional reference to the area I live in was also fun and nice. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
For Case, a genius and an inspiration...
I was broke when duty called me to minister to those less fortunate than myself, so maybe I'm no Florence Nightingale.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jonathan Evison's book The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 172,002,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible