Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick Rescue

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Rock Chick (2)

2201979,571 (3.91)None

Eh, 3.5.

I wanted to like Jet as much as I liked Indy. Indy is a total disaster, but you can’t help but love her crazy self. Jet is just a disaster. And a whiner.

Lee is bossy alpha all the way, but he knows Indy so well, he’s really just trying to keep her alive, or call her on her rubbish. Eddie, he’s alpha bossy, but he’s only just met Jet. He figures her out pretty quick, but still. The ordering her around bothered me more in this context.

The cast of extras was who kept this one going for me. Daisy was a fantastic addition, even Jet’s mom and her crew were good for some laughs. Blanca was pure brilliant. The return of Tod. I really love Tod. Stevie...is a little uptight sometimes. But, Tod is fanfreakintastic. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
I actually like Jet more than Indy! She is so sweet and endearing. And again, like all these books, the secondary characters are hilarious and perfect! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Rock Chick Rescue
4 Stars

Once again I'm in the minority in preferring this book to the Indy and Lee's story. Don't get me wrong, Rock Chick is an entertaining read, but Indy's drama is simply too over the top for me.

Jet's shy nature and sweet personality is far more appealing even if she isn't as self-confident as Indy or Aly. One of the best aspects of the story is her coming into her own, and those moments when she sticks up for herself and for those she cares about are wonderful (and not a little bit kick-ass).

Eddie is seriously scorching and his over-the-top possessiveness, which seems to rub some readers the wrong way, didn't bother me. Perhaps it's a sign of having read too many KA alpha-hole heroes.

One minor issue is the rather abrupt ending with Eddie and Jet's HEA in the works, but not completely THERE. The book could certainly do with one of KA's incredible epilogues.

All in all, a rare case in which the sequel is better than the original and I look forward to listening to Hank's story next. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Quite enjoyable, although I had the feeling throughout the entire book that I was reading [b:Rock Chick|6538757|Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)|Kristen Ashley|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1327912999s/6538757.jpg|6730978] all over again, just changing the names of the characters. And without the witty retorts that made me love book 1.
I liked it, but not as much as the previous one. I'll keep on reading the adventures of the Rock Chicks and their Hot Squad, of course. ( )
  Tacuazin | Feb 28, 2018 |
Re-read on audio.

I never before realized how annoying Jet is. Ugh.

Narrator didn't do a good Eddie. ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |

Ashley, Kristenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, SusannahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Jet has a secret. Eddie has the hots for Jet (not to mention, Eddie’s just plain hot). Jet’s got too many problems to cotton on that Eddie’s interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her night shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie’s a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet’s used to solving everyone's problems, she doesn't want Eddie’s help.

Enter a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet’s sister Lottie “The Queen of the Corvette Calendar”, Jet’s ne’er-do-well father (and his ne’er-do-well friend, Bear and Bear’s long-suffering, chain-smoking wife, Lavonne) and the cast of characters from Indy and Lee's wild ride and you've got Rock Chick Rescue.

Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet, but Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie's interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her night shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie's a cop, he figures he can help. Jet's used to solving everyone's problems so she doesn't want Eddie's help. The problem is Jet's ne'er-do-well father has got himself in a heap of trouble, and in trying to get him out Jet buys herself even more.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,457,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible