dismiss

Rock Chick Rescue

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Rock Chick (2)

Jet McAlister has a secret. Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention, Eddie's just, plain hot). Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie's interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie's a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet's used to solving everyone's problems, she doesn't want Eddie's help. Throw in a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet's ne'er-do-well father, his ne'er-do-well friend, Bear, Bear's long-suffering, chain-smoking wife Lavonne and the crew from Rock Chick and you've got Rock Chick Rescue. Rock Chick Rescue takes you on a wild ride with Jet, Eddie and the gang as they wrestle bad guys in a bagel shop, hit Denver's backstreet poker tables (with big hair), and help the strippers at Smithie's take down a would-be murderer. Through this, Jet's got to learn that, even when life made you give up your dreams, you can still end up with the (hot) guy. Eddie's got to rescue Jet from a bad man (so he can do better things with her) and teach her that some dreams can come true.… (more)

Jet McAlister, the newest employee of Fortnum's Bookstore, is completely oblivious to that fact that the police detective, Eddie Chavez, is interested in her. Jet is always busy doing whatever she has to do to take care of her family. Her loser father has abandoned them and Jet also works parttime as a waitress in a strip joint to take care of her mother who's still recovering from a stroke.

When her dad comes back to town he owes a lot of money to criminals who want to be paid back. They're not afraid to threaten Jet's life to get it. Between kidnappings, knife fights, and bar brawls Eddie decides to make sure Jet knows she belongs to him.

Jet is emotionally immature, constantly making terrible decisions about her life and relationship. Eddie and the Denver police seem incapable of using any sort of logic to find Jet's father.

Rock Chick Rescue is a mix of action and romance. Several of the characters from the first book not only showed up in this book, but were integral parts of the story. I can't say I enjoyed much of this clumsy, overlong romance but it does get great reviews so I believe I'm the exception. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Jul 2, 2020 |
4.6 stars

I'm not sure that this author knows how to write short books. So much detail, hilarity, shenanigans, trouble, and chaos and yet, she makes every moment worth it and have meaning.

Loved Jet and Eddie. I really am enjoying watching the characters all become friends. Moreover, I can see why this series is such a favorite for so many people. ( )
  MagicalRi | Dec 22, 2019 |
Jet works two jobs to take care of herself and her mother and thinks she's boring and plain, she is also in love with hot Mexican cop Eddie. Eddie does a lot to try to get her attention and she does a lot of running. Lots of laughs even when Jet being stocked after her gambler dad gets her into deep trouble.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Eh, 3.5.

I wanted to like Jet as much as I liked Indy. Indy is a total disaster, but you can’t help but love her crazy self. Jet is just a disaster. And a whiner.

Lee is bossy alpha all the way, but he knows Indy so well, he’s really just trying to keep her alive, or call her on her rubbish. Eddie, he’s alpha bossy, but he’s only just met Jet. He figures her out pretty quick, but still. The ordering her around bothered me more in this context.

The cast of extras was who kept this one going for me. Daisy was a fantastic addition, even Jet’s mom and her crew were good for some laughs. Blanca was pure brilliant. The return of Tod. I really love Tod. Stevie...is a little uptight sometimes. But, Tod is fanfreakintastic. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
I actually like Jet more than Indy! She is so sweet and endearing. And again, like all these books, the secondary characters are hilarious and perfect! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

Ashley, Kristenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, SusannahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Jet has a secret. Eddie has the hots for Jet (not to mention, Eddie’s just plain hot). Jet’s got too many problems to cotton on that Eddie’s interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her night shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie’s a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet’s used to solving everyone's problems, she doesn't want Eddie’s help.

Enter a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet’s sister Lottie “The Queen of the Corvette Calendar”, Jet’s ne’er-do-well father (and his ne’er-do-well friend, Bear and Bear’s long-suffering, chain-smoking wife, Lavonne) and the cast of characters from Indy and Lee's wild ride and you've got Rock Chick Rescue.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,979,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible