The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About…

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams &… (1997)

by Robin Sharma

English (27)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (31)
It was so boring, and the writing so rote, that I just couldn't finish it. If I had to describe this book in one sentence: lots of tell, not nearly enough show!

I liked the ideas and the message he was trying to present, but the writing and bad dialogue/characterization was just too much. ( )
  meowism | May 17, 2016 |
I felt this book has some good lessons to learn and some good exercises to practice, but I think it was poorly written. The writing was at times frustrating, boring, and often repetitious. I learned from it and learning is evolving!! ( )
  yahscott | Mar 7, 2016 |
I truly like the Bhagavad Gita style of writing. A narrative where a master is revealing the truth of living a full life to an eager student. I suspect that he is attempting to distill the wisdom of the Ancient Indian Religious texts by placing them in contemporary settings.
  danoomistmatiste | Jan 24, 2016 |
  kkhambadkone | Jan 17, 2016 |
My love for reading began with this book. Stunning, easy, informative story about the meaning of life and value the simple things in it. I recommend everyone to read, this book after I became a fan of Robin Sharma, he has many terrific books like this ( )
  MyJobRating | Jan 8, 2016 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0062515675, Paperback)

Everyone loves a good fable, and this is certainly one. The protagonist is Julian Mantle, a high-profile attorney with a whacked-out schedule and a shameful set of spiritual priorities. Of course it takes a crisis (heart attack) to give Mantle pause. And pause he does--suddenly selling all his beloved possessions to trek India in pursuit of a meaningful existence. The Himalayan gurus along the way give simple advice, such as, "What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you." Yet it is easy to forgive the story's simplicity because each kernel of wisdom is framed to address the persistent angst of Western white-collar professionals. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:30 -0400)

"Everyone loves a good fable, and this is certainly one. The protagonist is Julian Mantle, a high-profile attorney with a whacked-out schedule and a shameful set of spiritual priorities. Of course it takes a crisis (heart attack) to give Mantle pause. And pause he does - suddenly selling all his beloved possessions to trek India in pursuit of a meaningful existence. The Himalayan gurus along the way give simple advice, such as "What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you." Yet it is easy to forgive the story's simplicity because each kernel of wisdom is framed to address the persistent angst of Western white-collar professionals" -- www.amazon.com… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,906,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible