In His Own Write by John Lennon

In His Own Write (1964)

by John Lennon

Certainly absurd... Monty Python-esque. Most interestingly, I found myself often reading aloud - a lesson I learned while studying Shakespeare - to help with my understanding of the text. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Stephen King once said that once he became established that "they would publish [his] laundry list." John Lennon's laundry list might have been more interesting than this unmitigated glop. If I hadn't been a Beatles' fan when I bought it.... ( )
1 vote gryphondear | Jan 13, 2009 |
Witty, funny, brainy, doodles... But charming! Fun to go back to. ( )
1 vote UPMarta | Nov 29, 2006 |

Lennon, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curman, PeterTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Freeman, RobertDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hollo, AnselmTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lindahl, IngemarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McCartney, PaulIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"In His Own Write" is a collection of John Lennon's absurd prose, poetry, and illustrations, published in 1964. It should not be combined with "In His Own Words", a posthumously-published book of excerpts from various interviews.

It should also not be combined with the omnibus "In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works", which contains both this book and its sequel.

Poetry, humor, satire

About The Awful

God help and breed you all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:49 -0400)

About The Awful I was bored on the 9th of Octover 1940 when, I believe, the Nasties were still booming us led by Madolf Heatlump (who only had one). Anyway they didn't get me. I attended to varicous schools in Liddypol. And still didn't pass -- much to my Aunties supplies. As a member of the most publified Beatles my (P, G, and R's) records might seem funnier to some of you than this book, but as far as I'm conceived this correction of short writty is the most wonderfoul larf I've every ready. God help and breed you all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,447,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible