HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Siege and Storm

by Leigh Bardugo

Series: The Shadow and Bone Trilogy (02), Grishaverse Series (2)

4,6091962,153 (3.87)59
Hunted across the True Sea and haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret.

English (194)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (196)
Di solito il secondo libro di una serie é un libro di transizione invece in questo libro l'autrice non si é risparmiata regalandoci mistero, azione e introducendo nuovi personaggi. Ho adorato il principe Nikolai, un principe ma anche un corsaro, forte, coraggioso, intelligente e con un ottimo senso dell'umorismo ma anche molto ambizioso. Non comprendo le antipatie di molti nei confronti di Mal infatti il suo comportamento non é un voler tappare le ali di Alina ma una vera e propria crisi di identità. Mentre Alina ha un potere e un ruolo lui ne é privo e si sente inutile si sente legato ad Alina ma é il primo ad accorgersi che Alina, la ragazza con cui é cresciuto ha sviluppato un lato oscuro. Alina infatti brama il potere e tutti gli amplificatori e a volte é sedotta dal potere dell'oscuro che la tormenta. Nonostante ciò Mal non l'abbandona e continua a rimanere al suo fianco per proteggerla nonostante tutto diventando un abile guerriero ben visto sia dalla corte che dai grisha. Ho odiato a volte Alina che in questo romanzo é più confusa che mai non solo in amore ma anche nella lotta con l'oscuro. ( )
  Antonella2023 | Jan 26, 2023 |
  Antonella.23 | Jan 22, 2023 |
3,5 ( )
  hagabrielah | Jan 16, 2023 |
Really glad I held out on starting this series, now I only have to wait a few months to read the finale (instead of a whole year). Alina is a really great protagonist, managing to be both heroic and imperfect and I really like how complicated she's getting. As a whole, all of the characters in this series are really well-drawn. I thought it was a bit weird that control of the Second Army would just be handed over to Alina, considering her complete and utter lack of experience with marshaling troops and things like tactics or strategy. It's the only thing (that I can think of at the moment) that really rang false for me. I totally dig how the book ended, despite having to wait for the resolution with the Darkling. ( )
  wonderlande | Jan 1, 2023 |
Yeah I'm one of those messed up ones who ships her with The Darkling - I just feel like Mal is just not enough and when he allowed Zoya to pash him I was like, nup, no thank you. Love changes people, I believe if she loved the darkling theyd find the grey between them ( )
  spiritedstardust | Dec 29, 2022 |

Leigh Bardugoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deas, RichCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fortgang, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thompson, KeithMap artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wang, JenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, AprilDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my mother,
who believed even when I didn't.
The boy and the girl had once dreamed of ships, long ago, before they'd ever seen the True Sea.

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her—or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,948,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible