Diary of a Worm

by Doreen Cronin

Other authors: Harry Bliss (Illustrator)

Series: Diary of a... (1)

A young worm discovers, day by day, that there are some very good and some not so good things about being a worm in this great big world.
Recently added byrebekahms, ladychantel, Kbalman, ecb06c, private library, PageTurnersUsedBooks, Crystal.Lake

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
00011985
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
A laugh out loud book! This book follows the life of a worm- yes, a worm. Ever wonder what a worm'sperpsective of the world would be? This is a must read and the illustrations are hilarious. The view of hopscotch and waht you do when fishing starts if your a worm are funny. Just daily trials and tribulations. Thinking about worms doing the Hokey Pokey still makes me giggle.
  Jstuebing | Jul 31, 2020 |
I saw this book and I had to read it because I remember reading it as a kid. This would be a cute book to read for science class in talking about the earth and soil and things like that. It is a reminder of a little of what they do but also funny because of all the things they worm does in the story like try to be a spider. It's a cute little book about the life of a worm from a kid worm perspective.

Window ( )
  MeaganRodriguez | Apr 15, 2020 |
The book, "Diary of a Worm," by Doreen Cronin has great comic visuals and allows the student who struggle on comprehension to follow along as the worm speaks about his/her life. This is an ideal book for a 4th and 5th graders because the book is a little extensive with the the word bubbles, but its easy for them to understand. It is also organized by the month and day for the reader to understand that the worm is talking about another time. Overall, I recommend this book to older elementary students because its a fun and enjoyable book for young readers to read. ( )
  nmario2 | Feb 24, 2020 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bliss, HarryIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For “the boys” – Ken, Sean, Ryan, Patrick, and Timothy – D.C. /
For Rozzie and Cheetah – H.B.
March 20 / Mom says there are three things I should always remember: 1. The earth gives us everything we need. 2. When we dig tunnels, we help take care of the earth. 3. Never bother Daddy when he’s eating the newspaper.

This book provides a nice balance with touches of science here and there; the worm protagonist (clearly in elementary school) mentions a couple of times that he and his family enrich the soil with their castings and that the worms and the Earth depend on each other. Funny for younger elementary-age kids, who will appreciate the physical humor and big-sister jokes. Diary format makes this work impractical for a readaloud -- but the scrapbook-photo-style illustrations on the final pages are a very nice touch.

AR 2.8, Pts 0.5

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,298,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible