Shadow: 9 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner

Shadow: 9 (New Species)

by Laurann Dohner

Mud becomes Beauty. A "gift female" new species, primate. Attracted to Shadow, a canine new species but too shy to make her attraction known or to even flirt. I enjoyed reading their story. ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
Before we get into this review I want to apologize to all of my readers for taking so long. As some of you know my family and I are going through a very traumatic time and this has impacted every facet of my life including my ability to write and sometimes even read so getting things done may take time so thank you for your patience and loyalty as I work through everything with my family.

Thanks to the “doctors” of Mercile, Shadow is certain he will never be able to be with a woman for fear he will have flash backs and cause her harm. So when the gift female he spent a platonic night with in the sports shed, expresses and interest in him, his initial reaction is to refuse. The only problem with refusing is he doesn’t anyone else spend a week alone in a cabin with Beauty either because he knows she wants to experience sex freely shared. Their experiences are similar so if they can just get past the communication gap things should fall into place.

Beauty is considered a gift by her people and as such they protect her from all the males, her friends and fellow gifts are fine with this arrangement but she is tired of being protected and she wants to talk with the males but unlike the other more aggressive females, who kick the males out after sex she wants to experience cuddling and talking. After an innocent night in the sport shed with a male she is even more curious, especially about Shadow but the only female that hears what she is saying is Breeze. Breeze’s solution is sending Beauty to Reservation for a vacation with her dream guy.

Just when I think I have found my favorite book in the New Species series Laurann Dohner goes and writes another one and making it harder and harder to choose a favorite. Shadow is really sweet and totally steamy all at the same time, you can’t help but feel the sympathy for both Shadow and Beauty as they work their way through their demons and insecurities in order to progress their budding relationship. One of my favorite parts were when Beauty wakes up in the shed and realizes that Shadow is aroused and I would love to share this very sweet moment with you but given the size of the excerpt I would like to share I don’t think it would be appropriate without permission. My other absolute favorite part of Shadow takes place near the end where Beauty makes and epic escape from her would be kidnappers and then is rescued by Shadow. When this couple finally do get into the hot steamy bedroom you’ll be looking for the cold shower if your man isn’t home, oh my.

I this here first http://lauralusbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/05/shadow-new-species-9-by-laurann-... ( )
  LauraLusReviews | Oct 31, 2016 |
Paranormal Romance/ Erotica. New Species 9. One of the worst of these. Beauty is a gift new species. Meh (2/5)
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
I liked it but it didn't impress me that much. I think that the fact that Beauty wanted to make some things for herself was prety great, but then all that protection everybody had with her was just plain annoying, which made Shadow annoying most of the time. But then the really sexy times came and things started to pick up in the plot and the book ended up being pretty good. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

She is full of newly discovered, unrequited passion and he's just what she needs to satisfy her curiosity. For Shadow, sex means pain and revulsion. For Beauty, it was enslavement and ridicule. Two lonely souls who have never known a lover's touch, together in a cabin in the woods. Each touch, every discovery brings them closer to a life they never thought possible... beyond even their dreams....

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,036,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible