Stardust [Graphic]

by Neil Gaiman, Charles Vess (Illustrator)

A young man is compelled to retrieve a fallen star for the woman he loves and crosses through the wondrous gate in the stone wall leading to the world of faerie, where he encounters dangerous rivals for the star.
Recently added byArina8888, Ingunn.Monsen, AsInCrazy

English (52)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Portuguese (1)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (57)
I am not a graphic novel/fantasy reader, but this was a set text for my course. The module materials make much of this being a collaboration between writer and artist, rather than an illustrated text, but focussing on that only made me aware of the (many) discrepancies between the words and the pictures. I enjoyed the writing. Some of the drawings reminded me of those in 'Le Petit Prince'. . ( )
  pgchuis | Apr 5, 2022 |
A beautiful fairy tale. ( )
  et.carole | Jan 21, 2022 |
***read for the Stay at Home Reading Rush 2020***
Read for the prompt: Read a book with a house on the cover. And the prompt : Read a book in the same room the whole time

The movie Stardust was an unexpected delight. At the time i didn't know it was based upon a book. So I interested after learning that tidbit. Problem was that I heard the book was so different from the movie and not that good? But when I saw this edition I couldn't stop myself from buying it.

It's different for sure but I really enjoyed it! The art really enhanced the story so I don't know if I would enjoy it as much without it. It is quirky and fun. Very meandering and absolutely got me in the mindset of reading a fairytale.
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
Illustrated novel
  ritaer | Sep 4, 2021 |
The more I read of Gaiman, the more convinced I am that he is the logical successor to Ray Bradbury.

Both Bradbury and Gaiman have such a loving touch with their characters, that it just shines through the marks on the page to become something real, something you know and understand intuitively in your own mind.

And like Bradbury, there are times when the reader can tell when they fell a bit too much in love with certain characters or story elements and stay with them a touch too long, as Gaiman did here.

Regardless, like the Sandman series, like [b:The Ocean at the End of the Lane|15783514|The Ocean at the End of the Lane|Neil Gaiman|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1497098563l/15783514._SY75_.jpg|21500681], like [b:The Graveyard Book|2213661|The Graveyard Book|Neil Gaiman|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1531295292l/2213661._SY75_.jpg|2219449], and like so much of Gaiman's other work, this is simply magical, endearing, and an absolute pleasure to read.

Nobody else is doing what Gaiman does. ( )
  TobinElliott | Sep 3, 2021 |

Gaiman, NeilAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vess, CharlesIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is the book Illustrated by Charles Vess, firstly published by Vertigo. Please don't combine it with the prose only version of the book.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,964,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible