Dragonwriter: A Tribute to Anne McCaffrey and Pern

by Todd McCaffrey (Editor), Leah Wilson (Editor)

Other authors: Angelina Adams (Contributor), David Brin (Contributor), Lois McMaster Bujold (Contributor), Bill Fawcett (Contributor), David Gerrold (Contributor)17 more, John Goodwin (Contributor), Janis Ian (Contributor), Alec Johnson (Contributor), Georgeanne Kennedy (Contributor), Mercedes Lackey (Contributor), Sharon Lee (Contributor), Steve Miller (Contributor), Elizabeth Moon (Contributor), Charlotte Moore (Contributor), Robert Neilson (Contributor), Jody Lynn Nye (Contributor), Robin Roberts (Contributor), Elizabeth Ann Scarborough (Contributor), Spencer. Wen (Contributor), Michael Whelan (Contributor), Richard J. Woods (Contributor), Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Contributor)

"Science fiction Grand Master Anne McCaffrey and her work, particularly her Dragonriders of Pern series, are beloved by generations of readers. She was one of the first science fiction writers to appear on the New York Times bestseller list, the first woman to win the Hugo and Nebula Awards, and an inductee to the Science Fiction Hall of Fame. Her death in November 2011 was met with an outpouring of grief and memories from those whose lives her stories had touched. Edited by her son Todd, Dragonwriter collects McCaffrey's friends, fans, and professional admirers to remember and pay tribute to the pioneering science fiction author, from the way her love of music and horses influenced her work to her redefinition of the SF genre"--… (more)

This book was an incredible tribute to an incredible author.

I'm going to to reread the whole entire series now. ( )
  Serenova_Phoenix | Jun 26, 2017 |
A wonderful tribute to this pioneering writer of women who were characters in their own right in the male-dominated field of science fiction/fantasy. She was a gracious mentor to others, shared her home and herself with people who sought her out, and stands as a tribute to what admired people can be. ( )
  threadnsong | Apr 2, 2017 |
I really read about half of it. Skipped some writers I didn't know. Tears and enjoed her children's stories. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I met Anne McCaffrey in 1986 when she was guest of honour at the third KeyCon (Winnipeg's Science Fiction Convention). It is the only convention I have ever attended and the draw was the opportunity to meet McCaffrey. And I did get to meet her, twice. The first time was the opening event which was an ice cream social and when I lined up to get my ice cream who was dishing it up? None other than Anne McCaffrey. After that she read from "The Ship who Sang" and she, along with many of us in the audience, wept at the ending. She also did a Q and A session and when asked who she liked to read one of the people she mentioned was Ellis Peters. At the second occasion when I met Anne I was getting some books autographed and I mentioned to her that I also was a fan of Ellis Peters. Anne took some time to tell me about meeting Peters through their common publisher.

One of the many, many stories in this anthology tells about McCaffrey signing books at a convention where fans were lined up not just in the hallway outside of the signing room but out of the hotel itself. There were still many of people in line when the hour devoted to her autograph session ended but Anne kept signing as long as there were people with books.

That's just a small indication of the generous nature of Anne McCaffrey. There are many other stories in the book that showcase her generosity and kindness and human decency. If you have been enchanted by her books you will be in love with their creator by the time you finish this tribute. ( )
  gypsysmom | Dec 11, 2015 |
This was an amazing read. Every essay grabbed onto me and wouldn't let go.

http://allbookedup-elena.blogspot.ca/2014/02/dragonwriter-tribute-to-anne-mccaff... ( )
  ElenaGwynne | Feb 3, 2014 |

Durante, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Foster, MelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ian, JanisNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McCaffery, ToddNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,210,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible