Glass Dragons

by Sean McMullen

Series: Moonworlds Saga (2)

A broad and complicated novel filled with wonderful characters, woven through with low humor and great courage, and built upon grand acts of heroism and love. It is the tale of Laron, the chivalrous 700-year-old vampire, the appallingly dangerous and beautiful Velander, and the long-suffering Terikel, as they investigate a secret project of arcane magic, a magic so dangerous it could destroy their world . . .… (more)

More sedately paced and less focused than Voyage of the Shadowmoon, but still an enjoyable read. Includes characters from the first book (Terikel & Velander play fairly substantial parts), but I was hoping for more from Laron.

This is the second book I've read by McMullen and, while I can't say I laughed out loud, I do appreciate the humor and lightness of the fantasy - a good counterbalance to some of the dark, grim fantasies out there. The humor is similar to Glen Cook or Lawrence Watt-Evans (who also happen to be two of my favorite authors). ( )
  Ramathael | Jul 29, 2009 |
Sean McMullen writes a good fantasy story, and the second volume in this series is no exception. Good pacing, action, characters and a interesting universe. Almost read the entire thing in a single sitting. ( )
  guy-montag | Jun 2, 2009 |

Sean McMullenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,329,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible