Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a…

Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist

by Tim Federle

Other authors: Lauren Mortimer (Illustrator)

Series: Cocktails with a Twist

Features 65 drink recipes inspired by history's most loved novels.

The conception is somewhat better than the execution. The cocktail recipes are fine, but the accompanying text about the literary works is slight and rather vapid. That said, I will be drinking my way through it over time, and it does look nice as a novelty item, I just wish Federle had taken his idea a little more seriously. ( )
  Michael.Rimmer | Aug 5, 2018 |
A very punny cocktail recipe book. This includes some snacks and non-alcohol drinks as well. All with, as the title says, "A Literary Twist." The possibilities are endless here. One could read each novel highlighted while sipping the beverage inspired by it, or perhaps a less time consuming option would be to watch a movie inspired by the novel while sipping the inspired beverage.

I'm a bit put off that the book is divided into "gal" drinks/books and "guy" drinks/books, but, whatever. I loved the illustrations! Would be fun to have this in a paper version and not just an ebook.

Oh, the Gin Eyre? Delicious! ( )
  MrsLee | Oct 28, 2017 |
This is spectacular if for no other reason than the puns! I love each little blurb and some of the recipes where amazing! ( )
  carru | Sep 28, 2017 |
Fun cocktails such as Gin Eyre, The Count of Monte Cristal and The Turn of the Screwdriver, with the recipe and information about the inspiration. ( )
  Tifi | Jan 7, 2017 |
"Are You There God? It's Me, Margarita"--lol, love that one! A great cookbook to have on hand for book group refreshments, literary-themed parties, and just anytime! Non-alcohol recipes included. Some to try: Pat the Tummy, Rip van Drinkle, Cherry Poppins, Love in the Time of Kahlua, Pear the Wild Things Are. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |

Federle, Timprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mortimer, LaurenIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,669,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible