Skin Game

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (15)

Chicago wizard Harry Dresden must help a hated enemy, Nicodemus Archleone, break into a high security vault to steal something belonging to the Lord of the Underworld.

English (131)  German (1)  All languages (132)
[b:Skin Game|19486421|Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15)|Jim Butcher|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1387236318l/19486421._SX50_.jpg|23811929] by [a:Jim Butcher|10746|Jim Butcher|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1400640324p2/10746.jpg]
Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense
4.75 Stars

There is nothing like Jim Butcher's 'Dresden Files'.
Harry Dresden is always in a state of growth.
Spiritually, emotionally & mentally he is always at war with himself in some way.

There is always a 'Good vs Evil' battle going on.
You have Knights of the Cross, Wizards, Sidhe & every supernatural being you can think of.

Action, Adventure, Suspense & Mystery! The Game is Afoot! And Harry Dresden is always NECK DEEP in it! ( )
  bodebeabay | Sep 25, 2022 |
SO worth the wait. ( )
  perseusjackson17 | Jul 18, 2022 |
Ég hef fylgst með sögum Jim Butchers um leynilögguna / galdramanninn Harry Dresden um nokkrun tíma. Þetta eru spennandi nútíma fantasíusögur með blöndu af húmor og morðplottum. Sérstaklega hef ég hrifist af upplestri James Marsters sem hefur lesið allar 15 sögurnar ásamt smásagnasafni utan eina söguna. Flestar eru þær vel heppnaðar þótt stundum verði þær formúlukenndar og keimlíkar en yfirleitt standa þær fyllilega undir væntingum.
Í nýjustu sögu Butchers, Skin game, er Dresden neyddur til að starfa með sínum hættulegasta óvini, Nicodemus Archleone, við erfitt verkefni vitandi að Nicodemus bíður færis að drepa hann við fyrsta tækifæri. Spennan helst nokkuð vel og sagan er ágætis skemmtun með ýmsum óvæntum uppákomum en endirinn fannst mér þó slappur.
Mér hefur fundist sá hugmyndaheimur og blanda af yfirnáttúrulegum öflum og nútímatækni nokkuð vel heppnuð hjá Butcher og þess vegna haldið tryggð við seríuna. Þessi bók fellur örugglega sístækkandi aðdáendahóp höfundarins ágætlega. ( )
  SkuliSael | Apr 28, 2022 |
This series continues to be astonishingly good: in the breathtaking pace of the action, the constant struggle and development of Harry as a person and all his friends around him, and the ever-loving ass-kicking clever twists and turns. Well played, Dresden, well played. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
This was fabulous! This is the 15th book in the Dresden Files series and I would assume that anyone that has hung in there for 15 books really enjoys these books. I am no exception. This is actually the first time that I have read this novel and I found it to be thoughtful, exciting, funny, and sometimes touching. I had a fantastic time with this book.

As the Winter Knight, Harry must do what Mab tells him to do. Of course, he still approaches tasks in his own unique style. When Harry is forced to help Nicodemus complete a task, he is less than happy about it but he does what he needs to do and takes steps to keep things as safe as he can. As part of a crew to try to retrieve the Holy Grail from a vault that belongs to Hades, he has his work cut out for him. Harry and his friends will face danger at every turn in this installment.

This book was really exciting. There was a lot of action to the story moving along. I loved how the core group of characters has evolved over the course of the series and I am amazed at how strong they really are. Harry has a wonderful sense of humor which I love but he also has a softer side and there were some really touching moments in this book. I love that this series is still able to surprise me so completely.

James Marsters is the voice of Harry. I do believe that this series is best experienced in audio. Mr. Marsters does such a good job of bringing Harry to life and I love the voices that he uses for the other characters in the series. He is able to add a lot of excitement and emotion to the reading. I know that his narration added to my overall enjoyment of this story.

I highly recommend this series to others. This is a series that does need to be read in order and just seems to keep getting better and better with each book. I cannot wait to read more of this wonderful series! ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Mar 14, 2022 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sheckels, JenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shutterstock.comCover imagessecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Lori, Julie, and Mom. You guys really came through for me. Thank you.
There was a ticking time bomb inside my head and the one person I trusted to go in and get it out hadn't shown up or spoken to me for more than a year.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . . . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,006,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible