Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain Series Book…

Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain Series Book 6)

by Kristen Ashley

"Sexy, gifted, and loyal, PI Jacob Decker is a tall, cool drink of perfection who had Emmanuelle Holmes at 'hello.' His relationship with Emme's best friend kept them apart for years, but things have changed. Now that a case has brought him to Gnaw Bone, Colorado, the road is wide open for Emme and Deck to explore something hotter and deeper than Emme dreamed possible. So why is she sabotaging the best thing that's ever happened to her? "--back cover.… (more)

After not seeing each other for years Deck realizes Emme is his one and only, they just need to make it work. Deck seems to run roughshod over Emme but Emme has her ways, she's also cllueless at times. She was kidnapped as a kid and hadn't really worked through everything, causing her push people away.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
  Janicemo | Aug 19, 2018 |
I usually love all Ms Ashley's books. This book is a bit different. I don't know if I just couldn't get into the story like I normally do... but I felt a void.

I did not experience the normal continuity that I got in her other books. It was a good story, but there were too many jumps forward that basically depicted sex scenes and not any real growth of the characters and story. It felt rushed.

I loved both Emme and Deck, but I felt the story did not do them justice.

I missed the happy sigh at the end of this book...

Now I have read the book a second time and it is 6 months later. I still did not feel the book like I normally do all of Ms Ashley's books. But I enjoyed it a lot. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Kaleidoscope
2 Stars

Kristen Ashley is a remarkable storyteller. Her plots are intense and heart-wrenching and her characters are down-to-earth and engaging (although her heroes can be excessively alpha).

As with most of her books, Kaleidescope is an eminently readable tale. Nevertheless, there are certain elements that irritated me no end.

To begin with, it is my practice to listen to the audiobook versions of Ashley's works as they are usually written in 1st person. This time, however, much of the book is 3rd person from the hero's POV. As a result, I read the ebook edition and noticed, for the first time, the numerous grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence structure errors in the text. These are simply not apparent when one listens, but glaringly obvious when one reads. The book is in serious need of a professional editor.

English errors aside, the romance in this book is very disappointing mainly due to the hero, Jacob Decker, who is an arrogant and controlling arse (even more so than most of KA's heroes). He treats the heroine, Emme, as if she were an incompetent infant incapable of caring for herself. He constantly goes behind her back to discuss aspects of her life with others before speaking to her about them, and when she protests, puts the blame on her shoulders. He is also convinced that she is "broken", and that he is the one to "fix" her because he knows what's best for her life. This is classic emotional abuse! Argh!

To make matters worse, Emme has no backbone and fails to stand up for herself. She is portrayed as damaged due to intense PTSD and constantly accepts Deck's arguments that she is at fault, and needs to be taken care of. Really?! Have we gone back in time to the 19th century?

In sum, Kristen Ashley has some fantastic books, but this is NOT one of them. If I had begun my KA addiction with Kaleidoscope, I may never have picked up another. So, do yourself a favor, and choose one of her other stories to start with such as Mystery Man or The Gamble. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
So Jagged was not my favorite (still 4 stars) but Kaleidoscope is up there for being one of the Best KA books ever. Kristen Ashley is amazing.

Emme and Jacob (Deck) have known each other for nine years but lost touch after Emme's best friend dumped Jacob for a rich man. Emme has changed and it may have been the wrong time for Deck and Emme to meet up but when they do sparks fly.

Deck is that awesome alpha-male who knows how to handle his woman (aren't they all) but this book took me to another place and I think every time I am down and out in the future I am going to pull out my Kaleidoscope and see : “This was a kaleidoscope of beauty, the dials spinning, ever changing, but never anything short of spectacular.” ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |

For years, Jacob Decker couldn't get out of his mind the woman he let slip through his fingers.

The problem was, he was wrong about which woman he let get away.

But when he meets Emmanuelle Holmes again on a sidewalk in Gnaw Bone, Colorado, things quickly start becoming clearer. And Deck now has new problems seeing as Emme has a boyfriend. A boyfriend he instantly doesn't like. A boyfriend he soon discovers there are a variety of reasons not to like.

That isn't the only challenge Deck faces as he discovers his Emme is a puzzle he's having trouble solving. Warm and sweet then distant and clueless, Emme holds Deck close even as she pushes him away.

But Deck doesn't like unsolved puzzles. And he'll stop at nothing to discover the solution to the mystery of Emmanuelle Holmes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,773,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible