The Short and Incredibly Happy Life of Riley…

The Short and Incredibly Happy Life of Riley

by Colin Thompson

Human beings live for quite a long time and for a lot of that time we are not happy. We want to be taller, shorter, fatter, thinner, older and younger. We want our straight hair to be curly, our curly hair to be straight and our brown eyes to be blue. We hate our parents, children, teachers, students and everybody. We want to be somewhere else with someone else, eating something else and wearing something fantastic no one else can afford, and we want to splash them as we drive by in our big red car.
Rats live for quite a short time and for most of that time they are very, very happy... ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 20, 2017 |
I liked this book because it is about living life to full. I recommend this book for year 3-6 and even adults. ( )
  chiaragrasso | Mar 1, 2015 |
I liked this book is about a mouse living his life to the full.I recommend this book to year 3's and up.The morel of the story is don't pretend to be someone your, not you are you and that is good. ( )
  mikaylamcdonald | Feb 15, 2015 |
A great book for people who have depression.
This book is funny and humorous. Has a great storyline.
A good book on life lessons to help people live life to the full.

I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK FOR YEAR 2 STUDENT AND UP. ( )
  NathanWebb | Feb 15, 2015 |
this book is full of happiness. It's about a happy rat called Riley how lived a short but happy life. I recommend it for eight and up or if you suffer from depression. ( )
  nedor | Feb 15, 2015 |
A person might ask, sure the book is about attaining happiness but isn’t life about more than just being happy? That’s a philosophical argument that could, potentially, come out of reading this book with your kid. I mean, sure Riley’s happy, but isn’t the book arguing that if you do what you want (say, for example, watch TV all day) at all times then your life is complete? Or is it just saying that materialism itself is the culprit here and that we need to go out and enjoy the finer things in life when we have the chance? So it is that I ask you, when was the last time a picture book brought such thoughts to mind? I don’t think “Riley” answers these questions, necessarily. I just think that it brings up all kinds of ideal topics for discussion and consideration.

Everyone wants to live forever. They want to be happy and healthy. Some of these things are actually quite difficult, but some of them are really easy, which might seem surprising because most people hardly manage any of them.

A picture book for all-ages that playfully examines the difference between pursuing happiness and actually being happy. A great discussion prompt, for ages 13 and up.

Comparing the short, happy lives of rats with the long, complicated, dissatisfied lives of humans can lead to depression for the humans. The answer: simplify.

Kane Miller Books

An edition of this book was published by Kane Miller Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,567,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible