Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica…

Four: A Divergent Collection (2014)

by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (shamella)
    shamella: this is the first series of divergent books. the user should read this to enjoy the story. very recommended!

English (59)  Spanish (2)  French (1)  All languages (62)
I liked this one. It was nice to learn more about Four. Although, I thought he seemed less confident in this one, than he appeared to be in the others. I would read this series again. ( )
  kkranig | Sep 4, 2018 |
I've been wanting to read this book since forever and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it!

I finished it in around six hours, because I just did not want to let it go.

I'm a sucker for characters with a dark past, and therefore, Tobias had been my favourite character in the Divergent Trilogy. Reading a book from his perspective was therefore wonderful!

I loved the fact that the events that took place in this book weren't the same as the Divergent Trilogy. Four gives us an overview of Four's life before the arrival of Tris. We get to see him choose Dauntless as his faction, make friends and enemies.

There were a couple of scenes from Divergent too, but they were only a few pages long, and they were a sweet epilogue to the book!

Four isn't a full length novel, it's a collection of short stories that span the two years from Four's initiation to Tris' initiation.

Four is a must read for every Divergent fan, and I'm so glad my dad got the sudden urge to buy me a book, which was how I ended up with a copy of this utterly good book! ( )
  Swibells | Jul 18, 2018 |
Bought the hardcover when I got the other three divergent books. After finishing book 3 I gave this one away and won't be reading this author.
  SuzieBookLover | Jun 23, 2018 |
I think the greatest thing about this collection of stories is that it made me remember how much I enjoyed the Divergent book series! Its not that I dislike the movies (I actually very much enjoy them!), but I feel like the constant hype surrounding them made my feelings towards the book series dissolve somewhat. With each film that has come out, I've pretty much stepped further and further away from the story. 'Four' has been on my bookshelf for awhile now but I've always skipped past it. However, I'm so happy I finally picked it up because it was amazing!

For future readers: I would hold off reading this for a period of time after you've finished the Divergent series. This collection is a perfect reminder of how wonderful the Divergent series is when one hasn't read it for awhile. I think that by not reading it immediately and allowing myself some space from the story, I appreciated it so much more! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
I liked Four's perspective, but - if possible - seeing Triss through his eyes makes her even more insufferable. I hated her from the second book on, but from the very beginning of her meeting Four she's just...ugh. ( )
  benuathanasia | May 12, 2018 |
To my readers, who are wise and brave.
I emerge from the simulation with a yell.

AR Level 5.8, 9 pts

More Four! Fans of the Divergent series by #1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth will be thrilled by Four: A Divergent Story Collection, five short stories told from Four's perspective. Each brief story—"The Transfer," "The Initiate," "The Son," "The Traitor," and "Free Four"—explores the world of the Divergent series through the eyes of the mysterious but charismatic Tobias Eaton, revealing previously unknown facets of his personality, backstory, and relationships.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:34 -0400)

A collection of four pre-Divergent stories plus three additional scenes from Divergent, all told from Tobias's point of view, that follow Tobias's transfer from Abnegation to Dauntless, his Dauntless initiation, the first clues that a foul plan is brewing in the leadership of two factions, and the weeks after he meets Tris Prior.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,501,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible