The Return of Zita the Spacegirl by Ben…

The Return of Zita the Spacegirl

by Ben Hatke

1951386,049 (4.22)2

Ben Hatke brings back our intrepid space heroine for another delightful sci-fi/fantasy adventure in this New York Times-Bestselling graphic novel trilogy for middle grade readers.

The above is the summary provided by Goodreads.
  Clippers | Dec 21, 2017 |
Accidentally read this out of order! Now I need to return to Legends of Zita to fill in the gap - although honestly, I didn't feel as though I was missing much, which is to say this stands alone fairly well. In it, Zita is captive, and a masked rescuer turns out to be Joseph, who didn't make it back to Earth at the end of Zita the Spacegirl as she thought, but instead ended up on a bad planet, enslaved. Zita's old friends One, Strong-Strong, Piper, and Mouse help her once she's broken out of captivity (with the help of a skeleton and a pile of rags, a.k.a. Femur and Raggy), but Zita is, as always, resourceful, brave, and determined.

Joseph and Zita do return to Earth, where little time has passed. A year later, they meet at the site where their adventure began, and Robot Randy crashes to earth with a message from "P" (Piper, presumably) saying "We need help."

"And that is when my adventures really began," the story ends - which makes me think there are probably more in the works...

--> Madrigal? ( )
  JennyArch | Oct 23, 2017 |
Zita is on a penal planet, charged with sundry crimes based on her heroic exploits. More new interesting life forms, more adventure, more doing what she thinks is right regardless of the cost. Zita just gets better with each volume.

Library copy. ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 17, 2016 |
It's been a while, but I feel like I liked the first two better. Possibly just a difference in my mood while reading.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
In the 3rd installment in the Zita the Spacegirl series, Zita is sentenced to the dungeon after a slight error in her last interplanetary adventure. Now it is going to take a unified force of her old friends to save her from captivity. Of course, Zita is well on her way to causing havoc, but there is an evil warden who has plans of interstellar domination standing in her way. What is an smart, independent space heroine to do, but try and save the her world.

This is another wonderful addition to a graphic novel series I adore. It is aimed at middle-readers, but young adults will also love the spunky hijinks of this brave girl in costume. Readers will have a hard time ignoring what a great character Zita is. It is good to have read the first two books because all Zita’s friends are back in this book, but of course she makes some new friends in this volume as well. It’s no wonder robots, aliens, space travelers, skeletons, and even a pile of rags fall in love with her and standby her side. Don’t miss out on another wonderful ride with an adorable and witty space girl.

Release Date: May 13, 2014
ARC received via Netgalley
Visit my book reviews at http://clockwork-serenity.tumblr.com/tagged/book-review
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |

"Zita the Spacegirl has saved planets, battled monsters, and wrestled with interplanetary fame. But she faces her biggest challenge yet in the third and final installment of the Zita adventures. Wrongfully imprisoned on a penitentiary planet, Zita has to plot the galaxy's greatest jailbreak before the evil prison warden can execute his plan of interstellar domination!" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,812,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible