Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

Big Little Lies (2014)

by Liane Moriarty

Recently added byprivate library, EBassett, ReneSchwartz, rena75, kathdob, rmckeown, RachelDavenSkinner
    Little Children: A Novel by Tom Perrotta (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Unexpected disruptions to everyday routines cause otherwise comfortable suburban communities to unravel in these witty, character-driven novels. However, one shocking catalyst drives the plot of Big Little Lies, whereas various factors contribute to the drama in Little Children.… (more)
    The Hive by Gill Hornby (chazzard)

English (253)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (256)
Got 6 chapters in and the whole thing fell into a pit of gossip. Maybe it would have gotten better, but mostly, I think this one is just too fluffy for me. Moving on.
  Wordbrarian | Mar 5, 2019 |
Liane has an incredible ability to weave all these lives and stories together. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I felt the book ran a bit too long, and all the side conversations were mildly distracting, but a clever literary style. It was difficult to keep track of all the characters. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
Such a good book. It was about 3 women who all have children in the same kindergarten class in Australia. It was a murder mystery and until the end you don't know who it is who died. The story is well written. The characters are well developed. And none of it is predictable. Would recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  KamGeb | Jan 19, 2019 |
This book was about three mothers who had a child starting Kindergarten. One mother was a divorced/remarried mother. One mother was wealthy but being abused by her husband. One mother was a single mother whose child was a product of a one night stand. Their lives intersect and they become friends. The whole book is leading up to a murder that has happened among the parents at the school and figuring out who was murdered and who did it.

I really enjoyed this book. It is a good summer read and even with almost 400 pages, it didn't take me long to get through it. After all the more serious reads I have read lately, this was a nice break.

This book made me laugh in a lot of places. I found me thinking of people in our own school district that would fit into some of the mothers who were described in this book. It was your typical mother vs. mother that you can't escape no matter where you live. It had me chuckling quite a bit.

JenMat | Jan 10, 2019 |

Liane Moriartyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andersson, KerstinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, CarolineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Strandberg, AnnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You hit me, you hit me, now you have to kiss me
-SCHOOL YARD CHANT
Pirriwee Public School...where we live and learn by the sea!  Pirriwee is a BULLY-FREE ZONE!  We do not bully.  We do not accept being bullied.  We never keep bullying a secret.  We have the courage to speak up if we see our friends bullied.  We say NO to bullies.
With love to Margaret
"That doesn't sound like school trivia night," said Mrs. Patty Ponder to Marie Antoinette. "That sounds like a riot."

Coming July 29, 2014, the new novel from Liane Moriarty, #1 New York Times–bestselling author of The Husband’s Secret

"What a wonderful writer—smart, wise, funny.” —Anne Lamott

Pirriwee Public’s annual school Trivia Night has ended in a shocking riot. One parent is dead. The school principal is horrified. As police investigate what appears to have been a tragic accident, signs begin to indicate that this devastating death might have been cold-blooded murder.

In this thought-provoking novel, number-one New York Times–bestselling author Liane Moriarty deftly explores the reality of parenting and playground politics, ex-husbands and ex-wives, and fractured families.  And in her pitch-perfect way, she shows us the truth about what really goes on behind closed suburban doors.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:36 -0400)

Follows three mothers, each at a crossroads, and their potential involvement in a riot at a school trivia night that leaves one parent dead in what appears to be a tragic accident, but which evidence shows might have been premeditated.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible