Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow…

Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal (2014)

by G. Willow Wilson (Writer), Adrian Alphona (Artist)

Other authors: Joe Caramanga (Letterer), Ian Herring (Color artist), Jamie McKelvie (Cover artist (#2-5)), Phil Noto (Cover artist), Sarah Pichelli (Cover artist)2 more, Justin Ponsor (Cover artist), Matthew Wilson (Cover artist (#2-3, 5))

Series: Ms. Marvel (Vol.3, 1), Ms. Marvel Vol. 3 [2014-2015] (1-5)

English (95)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  All languages (97)
Love. This. Comic. Kamala is so relate-able, I feel like I would be EXACTLY the same if I was magically bestowed with embiggening powers once strange night by Captain Marvel and Captain American, you know? This had all the awesome character development and plot development of a first volume and I can't wait to read the second one! ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
Kamala Khan is a teenager from Jersey City who writes fan fiction about her favorite superheroes (who in this universe really exist, not just in comic books), struggles with the strict upbringing of her immigrant Pakistani parents, and engaging with the wider American world as a Muslim girl. On a night when Kamala sneaks out to go to a party, a mysterious fog envelopes the city and Kamala finds herself with the powers to morph her body and gain significant strength. She adopts the persona of her hero Captain America - aka Carol Danvers - and begins protecting Jersey City from weird attacks and invaders. This collection of the first five issues is not overly weighed down by origin story tropes as it depicts Kamala clumsily learning to use her powers while maintaining her ordinary life. ( )
  Othemts | Nov 20, 2018 |
This was a lot of fun. Great story and art, witty conversations. Superpowers aside, Kamala is a real teenager with real problems. She is a Muslim girl growing up in New Jersey, butting heads with her parents, trying to figure out how to balance loyalty to her parents and her heritage with wanting to be true to herself. I loved it. ( )
  Gezemice | Oct 29, 2018 |
Kamala is fun, and her setting and crew are refreshing, being less tied to the overwhelming world of Marvel and more in real people world. Great reading. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
I loved this. It hit me in that emotional place where I want to believe in heroes and I just fucking loved it.

I liked the art a lot, and I love Kamala and all her expressions and her big hat. She's adorable and brave and ... Emotional place, I said. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |

Noto, PhilCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pichelli, SarahCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ponsor, JustinCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilson, MatthewCover artist (#2-3, 5)secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I just want to smell it.
Delicious, delicious infidel meat.....
Collects Ms. Marvel (2014) #1-5 and material from All-New Marvel Now! Point One #1, written by G. Willow Wilson and illustrated by Adrian Alphona.

Kamala Khan é uma garota comum de New Jersey — até que subitamente ganha dons extraordinários. Mas quem é realmente a nova Miss Marvel? Adolescente? Muçulmana? Inumana? Saiba a resposta conforme ela toma de assalto o Universo Marvel! Ao descobrir os perigos associados aos seus recém-descobertos poderes, Kamala precisa lidar também com o segredo que existe por trás deles. Estará a mais nova heroína do pedaço pronta para utilizar seus imensos dons? Ou o peso do legado que tem a carregar será mais do que ela pode aguentar? Nem a própria Kamala sabe ao certo, mas New Jersey que se prepare, pois a Miss Marvel chegou para ficar!

Escrito pela aclamada roteirista G. Willow Wilson (Air, Cairo), com desenhos do brilhante Adrian Alphona (Fugitivos)!

Este volume reúne as edições 1 a 5 de Ms. Marvel e uma história retirada de All-New Marvel Now! Point One 1.

"Kamala Khan is an ordinary girl from Jersey City - until she's suddenly empowered with extraordinary gifts. But who truly is the new Ms. Marvel? Teenager? Muslim? Inhuman? Find out as she takes the Marvel Universe by storm! When Kamala discovers the dangers of her newfound powers, she unlocks a secret behind them, as well. Is Kamala ready to wield these immense new gifts? Or will the weight of the legacy before her be too much to bear? Kamala has no idea, either. But she's comin' for you, New York!"--… (more)

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,839,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible