Reflection Pond

by Kacey Vanderkarr

205842,449 (3.9)None
Sometimes you find home, sometimes it comes looking for you. Callie knows a lot more about pain than she does about family. She's never belonged, at least, not until she falls through a portal into her true home. The beautiful faerie city of Eirensae doesn't come free. Callie must find her amulet and bind herself to the city, and most importantly, avoid the Fallen fae who seek her life. Seems like a small price to pay for the family she's always wanted. Then she meets cynical and gorgeous Rowan, who reads the darkness of her past in her eyes. He becomes Callie's part-time protector and full-time pain in the ass. He has secrets of his own for Callie to unravel. What they don't know is that the future of Eirensae lies with them, and the once peaceful city is about to become a battleground for power.… (more)

Notes:

*I got bit and pieces of a story and I couldn't piece them together.

*Why is the MC so significant?

*What is this world?

*What was that romance?

*What is this about? What is your overall arc? ( )
  Ayanami_Faerudo | May 10, 2016 |
This is a very engaging book and the characters are so well written! I loved every second of it and I can't wait for more ( )
  LanaMarie | Feb 24, 2016 |
It has been quite awhile since I have read any Fae book, and I guess that I have sort of lost interest in them. It was a good story but the 'love triangle' was boring and predictable. There wasn't really anything bad about this book, overall it was pretty good, it just didnt do it for me. ( )
  Elizabeth_Hurlburt | Jun 16, 2014 |
As much as I love reading, Its rare that a book grabs me as quickly as 'Reflection Pond'
From the beginning, I felt compelled to find out what terrible events had made Callie the way she is, what was the dark, terrible secret that she fights to repress and keep in the dark recesses of her mind, why she craved the freedom she sought by running away from Nate, from her life to escape from who or what? What drove her to run straight into the path of danger? Onto a path that ultimately changed the course of her life.

'Reflection Pond' was instantly different from so many other books around as it explores the magical land of Eirensae inhabited by beautiful and sometimes deadly Faeries. In a literary world over saturated by Vampires, werewolves and other mystical beings this book managed to take us into the little mentioned and -in my opinion- under-explored world of Faeries and delivered a compelling and often heart-wrenching tale of fear, danger, confusion and love all twisted up with the scent of newly fallen rain on the earth, the dew on flowers and sprinkled with just a little fairy dust as I let my imagination transport me to the beautiful land beneath the 'Reflection Pond'. I wished I could walk along the paths that Callie took, seeing the palace, the library, the gorgeous cottages and the Faerie dresses. I instantly found myself caring for Callie and Rowan and willing them to succeed as they fight their demons and the villainous Fae while exploring the burgeoning romantic feelings awakened in them.

Kacey Vanderkarr may be a young author but has proved herself to be extremely accomplished and I hope to read all her past and future work. If the sequel -'Poison Tree'- is half as good as this then we are in for a real treat! I would recommend this book to anyone and give it a thoroughly deserved 5/5! ( )
  Bookworm1985 | Apr 29, 2014 |
Even though this book is aimed at the YA market like any good book its appeal will have a much broader scope. This book kept me engaged from beginning to end. Although I have a good idea of the direction it will go in further publications I find myself waiting impatiently for the next installment of Callie's adventure.
I wasn't expecting the fae to speak Gaeilge! but it was nice to see my native language in modern popular fiction. ( )
  Inishowen_Cailin | Apr 26, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kacey Vanderkarr's book Reflection Pond was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kacey Vanderkarr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,766,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible