dismiss

Night Shift (Anthology 4-in-1) (2014)

by Nalini Singh (Contributor), Ilona Andrews (Contributor), Lisa Shearin (Contributor), Milla Vane (Contributor)

Series: SPI Files (Novella "Lucky Charms"), Psy-Changeling (Secrets at Midnight (12.5))

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh delivers a smoldering story with Secrets at Midnight, as the scent of Bastien Smith's elusive lover ignites a possessiveness in him that's as feral as it is ecstatic. And now that he's found his mate, he'll do anything to keep her.-From publisher. In New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews' novella, Magic Steals, when people start going missing, shapeshifting tigress Dali Harimau and jaguar shifter Jim Shrapshire must uncover the truth about the mysterious creatures responsible.-From publisher. From Milla Vane--a warrior princess must tame The Beast of Blackmoor to earn a place among her people. But she quickly discovers that the beast isn't a monster, but a barbarian warrior who intends to do some taming himself.-From publisher. It's seer Makenna Frazier's first day on the job at Supernatural Protection and Investigations, and her first assignment is more than she bargained for when bodyguard duty for a leprechaun prince's bachelor party goes every which way but right in national bestselling author Lisa Shearin's Lucky Charms.-From Publisher.… (more)

I admit that I bought the Night Shift anthology for Ilona's story. I love those secondary characters and couldn't wait to see what she did with them. I can honestly say the story made me swoon. It was perfect in every way. I'd never read any books by Lisa, so that was a nice treat. Milla's story was very dark, touching on some horrific elements, BUT I still liked it. I liked that it was different. I liked that she went there, if you know what I mean. Nalini is always fun, so it was an easy purchase for me. I plan to also buy it in paperback, so Ilona's story can join my keeper shelf with the rest of her work. ( )
  JordanSummers | Mar 31, 2020 |
I was only familiar with half the writers in this collection. The Sighn story is set in her Psy-Changeling universe and this is more of a romance with a touch of mystery but doesn’t do anything to the overall story arc. Bastien scents a changeling in the city that he knows will be his mate and has trouble tracking it since it is so faint. Saying much more will give away the plot but it is a nice HEA story. The Andrew’s story is set in the Kate Daniels universe but doesn’t deal with Kate or Curran. This is set during the time frame of Magic Rises but deals with Jim and Dali. I liked the more info in Dali’s magic use and again this is a bit of a mystery with a HEA. The other two writers were new to me. Shearin’s story seems to be a bit of a backstory piece to her current series. Lots of our heroine floundering around at her first day of work and being tossed into the deep end of the pool. It was ok but not sure if I would bother to read any more in the series. The last story by Vane just rubbed me the wrong way. Looks like this is a pen name for another writer that I haven’t read but it seems the story is a stand alone. This was a high fantasy setting completely different than the urban fantasy feel of the other three stories. If it was me doing the collection I don’t think I would have added it since the setting was so different than the rest of them. The first two stories have were creatures in it so you get the shift in the title. The third story has a werewolf but not as the main character. The fourth story doesn’t have any shape shifters in it. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jan 6, 2020 |
I really enjoyed this collection - any time spent in the Psy-Changeling world or the Kate Daniels world is time blissfully and well spent. I didn't expect much from the other two stories by Shearin and Vane, but Shearin's was a wonderful surprise - funny, exciting and sexy! I promptly added the first book from her SPI series to my TBR. ( )
  Mrs.Soule | Nov 25, 2019 |
My favorite was Dali & Jim, but loved the others also ( )
  Colette_Miranda | Jul 29, 2019 |
Lucky Charms by Lisa Shearin - 4
Her first day as a Seer, she has to chase down 5 horny leprechauns.

The Beast of Blackmoor by Milla Vane - 4
As a young man he pisses off a god and waits for his end by the woman in red. She's sent a quest by that same god. I think he's a more often a jerk than a hero, but eventually he takes his head out of his ass.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Frangie, RitaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mauro, TonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Psy-Changeling (Secrets at Midnight (12.5))
SPI Files (Novella "Lucky Charms")

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,281,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible