Mission to Murder

by Lynn Cahoon

Jill Gardner, proprietor of Coffee, Books, and More, has discovered that the old stone wall on her property might be a centuries-old mission worthy of being declared a landmark. But Craig Morgan, the obnoxious owner of South Cove's most popular tourist spot, The Castle, makes it his business to contest her claim. When Morgan is found murdered at The Castle shortly after a heated argument with Jill, even her detective boyfriend has to ask her for an alibi. Jill decides that she must find the real murderer to clear her name. But when the killer comes for her, she'll need to jump from historic preservation to self-preservation .… (more)

Another great book by Ms. Cahoon. ( )
  nlb1050 | Apr 7, 2021 |
A good read, good character development but weak on the mystery side. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Jill, Jill, Jill. You are silly. But I found you less annoying in this book, slightly. Your boyfriend Greg is amazing and is very much like my husband. You need to lock that down, stat.

Jill finds herself smack in the middle of a murder, and is once again the prime suspect. Seriously? I think there are 400 people in this town, and Jill is always stepping in it. Add the Scooby Doo-style wrap up with the villains at the end and I had to deduct a half star.

However, I am a sucker for a quick mystery, so I will of course read book 3. Feel free to judge me! 2 1/2 stars, rounding up to 3 because I love Greg and her dog Emma. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
Jill inherited a house with an old stonewall in the backyard that could be the remains of an old mission. She’s running into roadblocks in getting it declared a historic landmark from real estate developers and the local politicians. Her biggest opponent is found murdered and she becomes the prime suspect. With the help of her boyfriend, hunky police detective, Craig, her aunt, her daughter, coffee barista and cop, plus her daughter they are determined to prove Jill innocence and find the killer. ( )
  Kathy89 | May 28, 2016 |
Listened for Review (Tantor)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: Mission to Murder by Lynn Cahoon took the mystery I loved from book 1 & dumped the pesky miscommunication issue. TOTAL WIN!

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Susan Boyce / Length: 8 hrs and 12 mins

Susan is a great fit for this series. She has a good mixture of fun, mystery, and spunk! This is a must do on audiobook for me series.

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, Done Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Jan 18, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Lynn Cahoon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,232,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible