HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Fatale, Volume 5: Curse the Demon

by Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips (Illustrator)

Other authors: Bettie Breitweiser (Colorist.)

Series: Fatale (20-24)

1194205,653 (3.73)10
The final book in the epic FATALE saga by Brubaker and Phillips. Allthe threads have come together, and the mysterious immortal Femme FataleJosephine has one last chance to escape her fate.

I'm not sure I like this. I'm pretty sure I disliked it actually. Josephine was her most unsympathetic, none of the supernatural questions were answered, and the hero gets an "And I Must Scream" ending. I was so excited to read this final volume, but now I'm just wondering what the point of it all was. ( )
  Fardo | Oct 15, 2019 |
The final volume in the Fatale series, Curse the Demon ends the story of Josephine. It’s more or less a satisfying conclusion in that all the pieces appear to be tied up, but I guess I am too much of a romantic to appreciate this ending. After eluding the demon monsters for so many years, Jo finally figures out away to defeat the boss, Somerset, but it does require the sacrifice of those closest to her.

So although I enjoyed the stories leading up to this finale, I wasn’t overly impressed with how it ended. It felt like the author had boxed himself into a corner and simply wanted to bring the series to a complete end. Although everything wasn’t explained fully, my take on Josephine is that she became cursed when she first escaped from being sacrificed, and through that curse became the temptress.

My two keywords for this series are weird and fun. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 10, 2016 |
The finale to Fatale wasn't quite as compelling as some of the other books in this series but the entire series is excellent. Three stars for this book and four + stars for the series. ( )
  Unkletom | Dec 22, 2015 |

Ed Brubakerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sean PhillipsIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Breitweiser, BettieColorist.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,022,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible