Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat [graphic novel, complete]

by Faye Perozich, Daerick Gross (Painter)

Other authors: Anne Rice (Inspiration)

Series: Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat (comic book adaptation) (complete)

Collected for the first time, here are the twelve extraordinary illustrated volumes that form the graphic novel of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Evocative full-color paintings and an artful abridgment of the original text capture the inimitable spirit and atmosphere of this passionate, complex, and thrilling tale. The story begins in our own time with Lestat, tall, blond, and handsome, a world-renowned rock star. His gifts are timeless, his youth never withers. But he was not always the powerful and famous child of darkness. Before his long earth-encrusted sleep, he was an aristocrat in the heady days of pre-Revolutionary France. It was then that he came face-to-face with the incarnation of evil and the temptations of love that he has ravenously pursued through time. Where it has led him and what he has become is the heart of the tale that has captured millions of readers.… (more)

Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat:A Graphic Novel
by Faye Perozich

A good adaptation of this vampire series. It's very well done, but the quality of the artwork seems to change from frame to frame. Some are totally stunning, others look almost not finished.....
Great read, and a great adaptation of a great story!! ( )
  over.the.edge | Oct 9, 2019 |
My favorite vampire! ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
My thoughts on the story and contrast with Interview with a Vampire can be seen in a review of the prose version of The Vampire Lestat. Since this book carries the same story, very well adapted in writing, there is no point in repeating. I read this alongside the novel, so I saw for myself how extraordinarily close to detail this was.

My greatest note here is on the artwork. It was truly breathtaking. The cover for the version I had, hardcover, was so detailed I thought for a while it was a photograph. The panels themselves and other images are very stylized and abstract and fit amazingly with the story, sometimes awing me before I can even proceed reading. The entire work is just beautiful. ( )
  MoonSpider | Jun 2, 2014 |
Was I ever ecstatic when I got my copy of this hard-to-find graphic novel on Ebay that I immediately bidded on it. Good thing the seller also has a copy of "Queen of the Damned" (but that's another review) so got my hands on that as well.

Only managed to get Issue #1 of this graphic novel but it does give you a glimpse of the adaptation done by Perozich--loved that the book was reproduced in another medium. Would've liked to have Lestat looking, well, more the aristocratic brat prince that he is *blush* and believe me, I would've been part of his coven anytime. Again, kudos since it's refreshing to have another interpretation.

Although for "The Vampire Chronicles" newbie, it's better to read Anne Rice's novels first, even before watching the film adaptations. Rule of thumb: the book is ALWAYS better than the movie adaptation.

Book Details:

Title The Vampire Lestat: The Graphic Novel
Author Faye Perozich (adapted from Anne Rice)
Reviewed By Purplycookie ( )
  purplycookie | Apr 10, 2009 |
I'm normally not a big fan of graphic novels, but this one is very well illustrated and follows the original novel perfectly. Great visuals add to the flavor of Rice's vampire novel. ( )
  Duranfan | May 24, 2007 |

Perozich, FayeAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gross, DaerickPaintermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rice, AnneInspirationsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 202,123,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible