The Future Falls by Tanya Huff

The Future Falls (2014)

by Tanya Huff

English (7)  German (1)  All languages (8)
3.5/5 stars. A good ending to a good series. Everything, and I do mean everything, came full circle in a wonderful way. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
I really love the time-twisting in this volume! I keep having to think it out and re-figure just what's happening to whom.
So much fun! ( )
  quondame | Dec 16, 2017 |
Pretty interesting but not something I'd reread ( )
  cabri | Feb 27, 2016 |
Charlie finds out an asteroid is going to hit earth. So she and Jack try to figure out a way to destroy it before it destroys the world. Nice twist to get her and Jack more in line age wise. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Good book. The crisis is kind of out of nowhere, and the final solution is extremely weird - not deus ex machina, both because it was well laid in and because they had to _work_ for it. No easy way out here. But - it is rather out of left field. There's a lot more about Gales in general and in specific, and even more specifically about Charlie and Jack. I didn't remember, from the earlier books, their connection and the problem with it - not sure if it was not mentioned before or I just forgot. It certainly wasn't as featured as it was here - that's the real story. The ostensible crisis is really just the excuse to get things moving. I like Gary and Kirin, too - nice people. And even Dan, poor guy. Excellent story, I want to own and reread it. Hope we'll see more of the Gale girls (and boys) in the future. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Mar 20, 2015 |
For Gary and Sheryl,
who trusted me a TRULY TERRIFYING AMOUNT to get it right.
Thank you.
She lay stretched out under a beach umbrella, long silver braid coiked on top of her head, the fingers of one hand wrapped around a pina colada - made with real island rum - the fingers of the other drumming against the broad teak arm of the lounge chair.

When Auntie Catherine warns the family of an approaching asteroid, the Gales scramble to keep humans from going the way of the dinosaurs. Fortunately for the world, they're wielding a guitar and a dragon.

The Gale family can change the world with the charms they cast, which has caused some supernaturally complicated family shenanigans in the past. So when NASA and Doomsday Dan confirm Auntie Catherine's dire prediction, Charlotte "Charlie" Gale turns to the family for help.

But Allie is unavailable because the universe seems determined to have her produce the seventh son of a seventh son of a seventh son of a Gale.  And the Aunties can't help because they're tied to the earth – although they are happy to provide their delicious, trademark pies.  And in the end, all Charlie has is a guitar...

...and Jack. The Dragon Prince, and a Sorcerer.

But Charlie might like Jack just a little too much, and Jack might like Charlie a little too much in return. Actually, between Allie's hormones, the Aunties trying to force her and Jack into ritual, the Courts having way too much fun at the end of days, and Jack's sudden desire to sacrifice himself for the good of the many, Charlie's fairly certain that the asteroid is the least of her problems.

The Gales are going to need more than pie to save the world from an incoming asteroid. But together there isn't anything they can't deal with – except possibly each other.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:01 -0400)

When NASA and Doomsday Dan confirm Auntie Catherine's prediction of an approaching asteroid, Charlotte "Charlie" Gale turns to her supernaturally complicated family for help and soon discovers that the asteroid is the least of her problems.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,499,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible