Little Black Lies: A Novel

by Sharon Bolton

"In such a small community as the Falkland Islands, a missing child is unheard of. In such a dangerous landscape it can only be a terrible tragedy, surely... When another child goes missing, and then a third, it's no longer possible to believe that their deaths were accidental, and the villagers must admit that there is a murderer among them. Even Catrin Quinn, a damaged woman living a reclusive life after the accidental deaths of her own two sons a few years ago, gets involved in the searches and the speculation. And suddenly, in this wild and beautiful place that generations have called home, no one feels safe and the hysteria begins to rise. But three islanders--Catrin, her childhood best friend, Rachel, and her ex-lover Callum--are hiding terrible secrets. And they have two things in common: all three of them are grieving, and none of them trust anyone, not even themselves. In Little Black Lies, her most shocking and engaging suspense novel to date, Sharon Bolton will keep the reader guessing until the very last page"--… (more)

English (50)  German (1)  All languages (51)
GREAT BOOK ( )
  bookishreputation | Feb 7, 2022 |
Lots of twists and turns in this mystery of the missing children. Great characters and the story moves a good pace. ( )
  caanderson | Nov 28, 2021 |
Excellent twisting mystery, layer upon layer of who dun it. Shroud achtest writer if this sort of book. Three parts, three POVs of same five days
  MiriamL | Sep 11, 2021 |
Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton was an interesting mystery read, mostly due to the setting of the Falkland Islands. When her best friend fails to protect her two children, letting the car she left them in roll off a cliff causing the 2 boys to drown, a distraught mother vows revenge. Before she can act, a couple of young boys disappear, including the young son of her ex-best friend and the Islanders begin to search for the children although some suspect there is a predator among them. Lots of twists and turns that lead to an interesting conclusion. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 9, 2021 |
A sad story of the broken relationship between two best girlfriends, who are torn apart by the death of one's two sons, due to the negligence of the other. Of course, both are distraught but deal with the tragedy differently. I liked Bolton's choice of setting: the remote Falkland Islands. Her research is quite good giving readers insight into a strange place, with political conflict and wildlife galore. Children have disappeared and the childless mother becomes the prime suspect, especially after the youngest child of the other disappears. Good surprise ending. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |

Sharon Boltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Price-Lewis, LucyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ah! well a-day! what evil looks Had I from old and young!Instead of the cross, the Albatross About my neck was hung. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
For Anne Marie, who was the first to tell me I could do it; and for Sarah, who makes me do it better.
I’ve been wondering if I have what it takes to kill. Whether I can look a living creature in the eye and take the one irreversible action that ends a life. Asked and answered, I suppose. I have no difficulty in killing. I’m actually rather good at it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,447,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible