The Reckoning

by Beverly Lewis

Series: Heritage of Lancaster County (3)

Fiction. Romance. Christian Fiction. Unknown to Katie, her long-lost love seeks her even as she has another interest. Yet she yearns for peace, which requires facing her plain heritage.

I read through this series again this past week for the first time in about 15 years. I have to say I was much less impressed this go round. The author makes huge leaps in the character of Katie/Katherine with little explanation and much assumption. She makes decisions in the second and third books that don't at all line up with her thoughts and feelings in the first book. This is an author that has definitely improved over time. ( )
  classyhomemaker | Dec 11, 2023 |
The last book in Beverly Lewis's trilogy delivers a few surprises. I enjoyed the whole series. ( )
  witchyrichy | Jun 9, 2023 |
51951
  WBCLIB | Feb 19, 2023 |
In this concluding book of the trilogy, Katherine has embraced her English ancestry, but as much as she likes parts of it, she cannot be fully comfortable in her role as a woman of wealth. She desires a more friendly relationship with her servants than is normally accepted. And there are times she craves some of the plain life she left behind. Author Beverly Lewis has written quite an interesting novel, one in which she cleverly solves Katherine’s conflicts as well as the problems faced by her best friend, Mary. This novel is well written and peopled with delightful characters. ( )
  Maydacat | Nov 27, 2019 |
I enjoy reading Amish stories because I enjoy learning about cultures different from my own. This author did not seem to truly appreciate the culture. She was very preachy about why their beliefs were wrong and they should all convert to "true" Christianity. The author seemed so focused on converting her main character, she forgot what else she wanted to to with her. This made the story seem very lost at times. ( )
  jguidry | Sep 13, 2018 |

Beverly Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,008,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible