Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

I'm Trying to Love Spiders by Bethany…

I'm Trying to Love Spiders

by Bethany Barton

What if a book could make you laugh while you learned fabulous facts about spiders? Spiders are quite impressive in their own 8-legged way—-I mean, can you walk up a wall or spin a web?
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jan 3, 2019 |
Bethany Barton, through her writing, tries to get children to understand the spider better so as to reduce the fear behind this 8 legged creature. There is some very interesting information in this book, some things that I didn't even realize about spiders such as what their webs were really made of. The book is narrated by a little boy who keeps crushing spiders because he just doesn't like them very much, but then he finally gains some understanding for them. The book is a great informational book about spiders as well as a great way to help children with their fears. ( )
  HeatherYaros | Feb 25, 2018 |
A boy tries really hard to love spiders despite his fear of them by researching all of the cool and helpful things they do. He informs readers about the different webs each kind of spider makes, and how they help us by eating lots of other bugs. This book is really funny and relatable for all of the spider-haters, but it's also very informational.
  kelseymccaw | Oct 11, 2017 |
A fun book about spiders. The girl in the story does not love spiders, as she sees one in her house, she tells the reader fun facts about spiders. A great book for people who are a little afraid of spiders.
  cwumluna | Jul 20, 2017 |
I'm trying to Love spiders is a cute informative book about spiders. It's about someone trying to learn to love spiders so throughout the book there are fun facts about spiders that make them seem cool. The book compares spiders to ninjas, and superhero's.

I can relate to this book because I am afraid of spiders, and so are my children. I think my children and I can learn to look at spiders a little bit differently after reading this story.

In the classroom I would do a fun lesson about spiders. We would make spiders in are and read about them. We would go on spider hunts outside and see if we see any spiders and take pictures of them. we would also make a board about all the fun facts about spiders.
  Kirsten05 | Apr 23, 2017 |

The Official Spider Test.

What do you do when you see a spider?

a. Lay on a BIG spidey smoocheroo.

b. Smile, but back away slowly.

c. Grab the closest object, wind up, and let it fly.

d. Run away screaming.

If you chose b, c, or d, then this book is for you! (If you chose a, you might be crazy.)

I’m Trying to Love Spiders will help you see these amazing arachnids in a whole new light, from their awesomely excessive eight eyes, to the seventy-five pounds of bugs a spider can eat in a single year! And you’re sure to feel better knowing you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being fatally bit by a spider. Comforting, right? No? Either way, there’s heaps more information in here to help you forget your fears . . . or at least laugh a lot!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:35:58 -0400)

"This fresh and very funny non-fiction picture book shares lots of fascinating facts about spiders in an entirely captivating way. If I'm Trying to Love Spiders doesn't cure your spider phobia, it'll at least make you appreciate how amazing they are...and laugh a lot as you learn about them."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,483,352 books! | Top bar: Always visible