Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes by Karin Slaughter

Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes

by Karin Slaughter

Series: Pretty Girls (prequel)

English (14)  Italian (1)  All languages (15)
If you have read or plan to read Pretty Girls, you will definitely want to read this novella! It will answer some of your questions about Julia, although not all of them. That's why I gave it four stars instead of five. I was expecting more answers and details. ( )
  Audriana0202 | Jun 20, 2018 |
This novella was included as a bonus at the end of the audiobook of Pretty Girls and, I've gotta say, reading it immediately after having finished that one only served to make the whole thing all the more chilling. It's short, and by itself there's really not much there, except that we as readers are able to know all too well exactly how Julia's story turns out after her abduction at the end of this, what it does to her family, and who is responsible and the additional chaos that they will later unleash. In that light, this little novella about an idealistic and perfectly normal relatively carefree college student simply living her life takes on a sinister undercurrent that haunts you right up until the very last eerie moment, which leads directly to what we learn the details about in the novel. ( )
  TiffanyAK | May 3, 2018 |
This is a short story prequel to Pretty Girls which was one of my favourite reads of 2016. Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes takes us through the day Julia Carroll went missing. She did things a typical nineteen-year-old would do - went to classes, went out that night with her roommate and best friend, Nancy. She thought about her younger sisters and how she should look out for them more and what they would do together that weekend. Although she had lots of different things going on in her life, her mind always came back to Beatrice Oliver. She went missing five weeks ago and it terrified Julia that a girl her own age could walk out the door and not return and can't be found. And really, it became repetitious for me. Same with what happened with her boyfriend that night. It became repetitious especially in a short story and it just felt bogged down. This was a disappointing read for me. It didn't have the same feel as Pretty Girls at all. ( )
  jenn88 | Jan 9, 2018 |
Julia Carroll can't stop thinking about Beatrice Oliver, a young girl that recently went missing. Was Beatrice Oliver kidnapped and could other young girls be a risk to be kidnapped?

I haven't read anything by Karin Slaughter before I read Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes and even though I found this short story well written and interesting is it just a teaser for her latest book Pretty Girls. She could just as easily just have used it as a prologue for her new book instead of making a short story of it.

I also made the mistake of reading the real prologue and the first chapter of that's included. Now I really want to read the book. I usually don't read first chapters included in books like this because I just find it annoying to not being able to read more...

I received this copy from Witness Impulse through Edelweiss in return for an honest review! Thank you!
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Sad, very sad. Held my breath the last several pages as the ending became apparent. ( )
  trek520 | Oct 26, 2017 |

Slaughter, KarinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Early, KathleenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A beautiful young girl was walking down the streetwhen suddenly Julia Carroll knows that too many stories start that way. Beautiful, intelligent, a nineteen-year-old college freshman, she should be carefree. But instead she is frightened. Because girls are disappearing. A fellow student, Beatrice Oliver, is missing. A homeless woman called Mona-No-Name is missing. Both taken off the street. Both gone without a trace. Julia is determined to find out the reasons behind their disappearances. And she doesn't want to be next Michael Connelly calls Karin Slaughter "unrivaled among thriller writers." This gripping, unforgettable short story proves why. And be sure to order Karin's new novel, Pretty Girls, on sale September 29, 2015.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,534,578 books! | Top bar: Always visible