The Betrayal

by Beverly Lewis

Series: Abram's Daughters (2)

Seperated from her beloved Jonas after he takes a six-month carpenter's apprenticeship in Ohio, Leah hopes that their relationship will endure but finds herself challenged by an unexpected test facing their families.

Picking up where the first book left off, this story centers on Sadie and her sister Leah. These two sisters couldn’t be more different, yet still share a strong bond of love, but all that is threatened when Sadie’s actions cause trouble for herself and her family. Pitting sister against sister may not be the Amish way, that is what happens when Sadie betrays Leah’s kindness for her own selfish gain. Well written and a rather gripping tale, this story has many of the elements of a regular romance - jealousy, secrets, longings, hatred, lies, and more - but in an Amish setting. ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 3, 2021 |
In book 2 of the Abram’s Daughters series, Sadie is still walking a dangerous path with her secret Englisher relationship, while Leah is discovering the joys of young romance. When Sadie’s sins begin to catch up with her, Leah makes a choice that may save her sister but unknowingly bring destruction in its wake. ( )
  chrirob | Feb 12, 2020 |
I hate that I am reading this series, but somehow I can't stop. I was curious about this Amish fiction genre, and read the first book of the series a while back. I spent the past few days reading the next two. It felt like a strange addiction, almost like I felt when I was watching Gossip Girl all winter. (Funny comparison, since the characters and plots are so radically different.)

Anyway, I think what I was drawn to in this book is the simplicity of the lifestyle of the characters. And I was just really intrigued by the plot of the eldest daughter who became pregnant out of wedlock in the previous book and lost the baby. It seemed that her struggles were very real as she was trying to mourn the loss of her child while everyone around her was mourning the loss of her "virtue". It really made me angry how her family treated her, even those who were supposedly supportive. I just kept hoping someone would actually care for this poor girl, instead of praying that she would repent and see the errors of her ways. But alas, this book was not written for people like me. ( )
  klburnside | Aug 11, 2015 |
Loving this series. The second book in the Abrahm's daughters series. The ending leaves you wanting more so I look forward to reading on in this series of 5 books I believe. ( )
  Kimmyd76 | May 18, 2015 |
The Abram's Daughters series continues and this book is as good as the first. Keeps you reading and when finished ready to jump into the next. ( )
  sdbookhound | Dec 25, 2009 |
Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing
A flowery band to bind us to the earth.
--John Keats "A Thing of Beauty" (1818)
Dog days. The residents of Gobbler's Knob had been complaining all summer about the sweltering, brooding sun.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,327,655 books! | Top bar: Always visible