I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen…

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

by Karen Beaumont

Other authors: David Catrow (Illustrator)

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! is a visually stimulating childrens book. It begins with a child getting in trouble for painting the walls from his mother. After he gets in trouble he decides that he is not going to paint anything anymore but that only last a short time. After having dilemmas over weither to paint crazy places or to not paint he struggle to not make a mess. The illustrations are beautiful and vibrant after painting and dull in the places that remained untouched. Even the words become colorful after the paint madness. ( )
  Kristinewaind | May 27, 2015 |
The child in the story paints his body. This picture book is a fun read aloud. The tune is to "It Aint Gonna Rain No More." Kids love to participate. It is a perfect segway for any painting art project in a classroom.
  kamijake | Mar 11, 2015 |
Wonderful funny book for young children, I am an art teacher and this book is loved by all of my students. The illustrations are bold, bright and fun. If the truth be known I bought this book just as much for me as I am an artist too and it just made me smile. It's also fun to read because of it has a sing song tune, after the song "it ain't gonna rain no more.

This book is perfect to inspire painting lessons and color mixing. ( )
  jolenaryan | Mar 1, 2015 |
This is a wonderful book, in so many ways. First the pictures are simple but also have many details. The contrast of the rooms in black and white and the paints is great. The words have a very sing-songy way about them. After getting in trouble for painting the walls, a little boy swears of painting, but he just can't resist so this time instead of walls he decides to paint himself. Delightful.
  jdhaynes | Feb 12, 2015 |
This book is on repeat in my classroom because of its silly imagery, and off beat rhyme scheme. I love that the words are almost like a song, and that they not only rhyme but help very young students learn the various parts of their bodies. Overall, this is a rhythmic wonder, and a great addition to any classroom. ( )
  kberryman44 | Dec 6, 2014 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling and the walls and the curtains and the door, and I heard my mama holler like I never did before..."Ya ain't a-gonna paint no more!"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152024883, Hardcover)

A dab of blue here, a splash of red there, a goopy smear of green . . . everywhere. To the tune of "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More," one creative kid floods his world with color, painting first the walls, then the ceiling, then HIMSELF! Before this feisty artist is through, he'll have painted his head, back, hands, legs, feet, and . . . Oh no--here comes Mama!

Karen Beaumont's zippy text and David Catrow's zany illustrations turn an infamous childhood activity into raucous storytime fun, giving a silly twist to the fine art of self-expression.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:42 -0400)

In the rhythm of a familiar folk song, a child cannot resist adding one more dab of paint in surprising places.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,919,634 books! | Top bar: Always visible