I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen…

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

by Karen Beaumont

Other authors: David Catrow (Illustrator)

I really like this book! It captures the essence of how free-spirited children are and how easy it is for them to get carried away and cause trouble. The book is set to a tune of a song which makes it fun to read and the words flow right off of the page. The illustrations make the story much more visual although you can see yourself being the child as well. ( )
  AnsleighMcKenzie | Sep 8, 2016 |
Summary: This book is about a boy who is instructed not to paint anymore, but very much disobeys that rule his mother has set. He ends up painting his body from head to feet as he rhymes through the book.
Critique: This book was cute and made my class laugh as I was reading. The rhymes were perfect and the illustrations went perfectly! I will be using this book in the future!
Prompts: Because this is a rhyming book, I may have students in younger grade levels guess what body part is will be painting next.
Craft Elements: This book is full of rhyming and would be great as a writing lesson for poems or sight word practice.
  hallorand | Sep 7, 2016 |
What a fun book! From beginning to end, the reader is enthralled with the narrators wild behavior. Not only is it a fun read, but the dialect gives a complete shift from standard English.

The language is one of the most powerful aspects of this book; even though the main character is a little boy, the way he talks is clear he is very strong-willed and independent. "One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling," and pretty much every other place in the living room. After taking a bath, his mama hides the paint but our main character finds a way to get it down and you won't believe what he paints next.

This wild book captures the heart of anyone who appreciates raw art. I would highly recommend! ( )
  eshiel3 | Sep 7, 2016 |
To the tune of "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More," one creative kid floods his world with color, painting first the walls, then the ceiling, then HIMSELF! Before this feisty artist is through, he'll have painted his head, back, hands, legs, feet, and . . . Oh no — here comes Mama!
Karen Beaumont's zippy text and David Catrow's zany illustrations turn an infamous childhood activity into raucous storytime fun, giving a silly twist to the fine art of self-expression.
  PamPopp | Jul 30, 2016 |
I always fall into almost singing the first one to the tune of There Ain’t No Bugs on Me. The storyline hilariously satisfies a child’s urge to paint all over their body, making a huge mess, until she is caught. Within its lines, however, require the reader/listener to identify the body part that rhymes with its preceding text. What a fun way to teach basic anatomy!
  carrier3 | May 31, 2016 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling and the walls and the curtains and the door, and I heard my mama holler like I never did before..."Ya ain't a-gonna paint no more!"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152024883, Hardcover)

A dab of blue here, a splash of red there, a goopy smear of green . . . everywhere. To the tune of "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More," one creative kid floods his world with color, painting first the walls, then the ceiling, then HIMSELF! Before this feisty artist is through, he'll have painted his head, back, hands, legs, feet, and . . . Oh no--here comes Mama!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:42 -0400)

In the rhythm of a familiar folk song, a child cannot resist adding one more dab of paint in surprising places.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,106,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible