I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen…

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

by Karen Beaumont

Other authors: David Catrow (Illustrator)

Recently added bygracelovera, davidgn, graceberry, saduso, private library, stephanie.croaning, radsaturn

Recommended by Tawnya Ostrer
Repetition, Predictable, ALA Notable Children's Books, Younger Readers
  RhondaHoward | Jul 22, 2015 |
Rhyming, color
  Jquimbey | Jul 11, 2015 |
Special Features:
*Repetitive lines call for reader/listener involvement
*Predictable story with rhyming calls for reader involvement

How I might use this:
*Read aloud
*Discuss color
*Discuss Illustration/style
*Sequencing
*Cause and effect ( )
  tawnyao | Jul 7, 2015 |
I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! is a visually stimulating childrens book. It begins with a child getting in trouble for painting the walls from his mother. After he gets in trouble he decides that he is not going to paint anything anymore but that only last a short time. After having dilemmas over weither to paint crazy places or to not paint he struggle to not make a mess. The illustrations are beautiful and vibrant after painting and dull in the places that remained untouched. Even the words become colorful after the paint madness. ( )
  Kristinewaind | May 27, 2015 |
The child in the story paints his body. This picture book is a fun read aloud. The tune is to "It Aint Gonna Rain No More." Kids love to participate. It is a perfect segway for any painting art project in a classroom.
  kamijake | Mar 11, 2015 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling and the walls and the curtains and the door, and I heard my mama holler like I never did before..."Ya ain't a-gonna paint no more!"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152024883, Hardcover)

A dab of blue here, a splash of red there, a goopy smear of green . . . everywhere. To the tune of "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More," one creative kid floods his world with color, painting first the walls, then the ceiling, then HIMSELF! Before this feisty artist is through, he'll have painted his head, back, hands, legs, feet, and . . . Oh no--here comes Mama!

Karen Beaumont's zippy text and David Catrow's zany illustrations turn an infamous childhood activity into raucous storytime fun, giving a silly twist to the fine art of self-expression.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:42 -0400)

In the rhythm of a familiar folk song, a child cannot resist adding one more dab of paint in surprising places.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,121,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible