I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen…

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

by Karen Beaumont

Other authors: David Catrow (Illustrator)

Summary:
A story of a naughty little boy who disobeys his mother and decides to paint parts of his body, making a huge and colorful mess. He only stops when he is caught and runs out of paint.

Review: This book was really cute. I was drawn in my the illustrations. I thought it was unique that the scenery was dull and colorless and the only thing that popped out was the colorful paint. I think that really made the story what it was. I think it added a kind of shock factor and creativity to the story. I don't think this book has a greater message. I think this is mostly just for fun. I really liked the illustration style. It was so familiar to me. It kind of reminded me of the No David books. Kind of cartoonish and creepy. I don't think I'd use this book in higher level classes but it would be fun for pre schoolers to sing along to. It's a good example of a read out loud book for fun.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
This is in the tune of a song, which would be fun for children to learn the song, and eventually learn the book. This could be paired with an arts and craft lesson on painting, and all the dos and donts. This is a fun read for younger groups. ( )
  sshelby23 | Nov 9, 2016 |
funny story about this boy that says he's not going to paint anymore but he continues to paint his whole body. rhyming is used to allow students to guess what he is going to paint next.
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 21, 2016 |
I really like this book! It captures the essence of how free-spirited children are and how easy it is for them to get carried away and cause trouble. The book is set to a tune of a song which makes it fun to read and the words flow right off of the page. The illustrations make the story much more visual although you can see yourself being the child as well. ( )
  AnsleighMcKenzie | Sep 8, 2016 |
Summary: This book is about a boy who is instructed not to paint anymore, but very much disobeys that rule his mother has set. He ends up painting his body from head to feet as he rhymes through the book.
Critique: This book was cute and made my class laugh as I was reading. The rhymes were perfect and the illustrations went perfectly! I will be using this book in the future!
Prompts: Because this is a rhyming book, I may have students in younger grade levels guess what body part is will be painting next.
Craft Elements: This book is full of rhyming and would be great as a writing lesson for poems or sight word practice.
  hallorand | Sep 7, 2016 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionscalculated
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling and the walls and the curtains and the door, and I heard my mama holler like I never did before..."Ya ain't a-gonna paint no more!"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152024883, Hardcover)

A dab of blue here, a splash of red there, a goopy smear of green . . . everywhere. To the tune of "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More," one creative kid floods his world with color, painting first the walls, then the ceiling, then HIMSELF! Before this feisty artist is through, he'll have painted his head, back, hands, legs, feet, and . . . Oh no--here comes Mama!

Karen Beaumont's zippy text and David Catrow's zany illustrations turn an infamous childhood activity into raucous storytime fun, giving a silly twist to the fine art of self-expression.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:42 -0400)

In the rhythm of a familiar folk song, a child cannot resist adding one more dab of paint in surprising places.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,725,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible