Milk and Honey

by Rupi Kaur

The book is divided into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. milk and honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.… (more)
Recently added bykatethegreat44, private library, samantha_m, MorbidLibrarian, lonali, TV-HS, SydneyKaup, CSUDHWRC
    When You Ask Me Where I'm Going by Jasmin Kaur (preetibee)
    preetibee: The authors share many of the same themes in their works and have similar writing styles.

English (131)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (133)
They hype around this book has been a bit intense. It tries to be life changing yet simplistic at the same time, which is a hard mantle to always be carrying. If I wasn’t expecting so much I think I would have enjoyed it more. There were definitely a few poems that deeply resonated with me but a lot of the book didn’t, which is fine, as it obviously it about a very unique experience. ( )
  Nikki_Sojkowski | Aug 26, 2021 |
Such a good confessional poetry read. I loved this book, and loved sharing it with my youngest sister recently, who has been going through a rough time and figuring out important things in her life. I wasn't entirely in love with the art under my own aesthetic loves/likes, but I am glad the artist is expressing herself in all these ways. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Aug 21, 2021 |
Rara. ( )
  Orellana_Souto | Jul 27, 2021 |
“How you love yourself is
how you teach others
to love you”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey

I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.
This is a collection of poems about love and loss and being a woman.
It was short. Thats the first thing I think when I think of this book. Honestly, I don't think poetry is really my thing. But I gave it a shot. It wasn't bad, and some of it was even uplifting. But I don't see myself persuing much poetry in the future.
How I choose my rating:
1* Did not finish, or hated it but forced myself to finish.
2** Didn't really like it. Didn't hate it but not sure why I finished it other then for some closure.
3*** I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread again ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this again, and I will finish the series. (If part of one) I would recommend to those I know hold interest in this books content.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will definitely be rereading this and probably more than once. I will finish the series and reread it multiple times. (If part of one) I will recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!!
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I know a lot of people like reading about love and sex and relationships but I prefer history and science and psychology. This book was simply not my thing. ( )
  Tosta | Jul 5, 2021 |
added by Arvenig | editArvenig, Arvenig (May 21, 2017)

for

the arms

that hold me
how is it so easy for you to be kind to people he asked

The book is divided into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. Milk and Honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,330,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible