A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan

A Crown of Swords (1996)

by Robert Jordan

Series: Wheel of Time (7)

A rating between 3.5 and 4. I did no like the ending... twas a wee bit abrupt. Mostly enjoyed the book up til that part. ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
Unfortunately by this point in the Wheel of Time (book 7) the wheel starts turning slower and slower and slower. The action and momentum of the previous books are replaced by a whole lot of scene setting, travel and background. Not a whole lot happens in this one, but its critical if you want to grasp the whole series. ( )
  Karlstar | Feb 21, 2017 |
Read September 2000
Read September 2011

September 2011 Review:
This is a very hard book to review, for me.

On one hand, I loved the introduction of yet another baddy-Moridin, of Lain and Nynaeve finally getting hitched, of Rand taking down another Forsaken, new One Power tools, more info about the True Power[even if extremely measily], and the gholam.

On the other hand, I didn't like the constant bickering between Men and Women. I didn't like the cliffhanger about Matt[even though I can read the next book next month], I didn't like that there was very little about Egwene[as I remember. There may have been and it got washed away in the deluge of other info? Feel free to correct me].

Overall, a fantastic read. It just seems that the characters are very immature for the amount of hardship they have gone through/endured. I know they are young, late teens, early 20's, but hard experiences tend to either make one grow up or kill you. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
The Wheel weaves as the wheel wills....

The wheel of time is slowing down a bit, not a ton of action in this one, but it's still your favorite main characters continuing forward with the massive world and story line that is the Wheel of Time. ( )
  masteryoda716 | Aug 31, 2016 |
*spoilers* OK as always I absolutely loved it! I am complete in love with this series. Well I hated finding out that Liah is still alive and then Rand has to kill her so she won't suffer. Mat's part ends with a bit of a cliffhanger, but I think he may end up being captive and that is how he will meet his daughter of the 9 moons!! YaY for Lan and Nynaeve!!! I'm so happy. Now I am just waiting for her to bring him from his slump, because I don't think that Moiraine is dead. Galina is so getting what she deserves. It is impossible to feel bad for the black ajah. I'm wondering who helped Rand at Shadar Logoth. I have a theory but I'll not say because I would hate to be wrong lol. I also don't think that Sammael is dead. What was with Rand actually wanting to be King. That was a bit weird and out of character. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |

Robert Jordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, EllisaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land. Soul of fire, heart of stone, in pride he conquers, forcing the proud to yield. He calls upon the mountains to kneel, and the seas to give way, and the very skies to bow. Pray that the heart of stone remembers tears, and the soul of fire, love.

- From a much-disputed translation of 'The Prophesies of the Dragon' by the poet Kyera Termendal, of Shiota, believed to have been published between FY 700 and FY 800.
To Harriet, who deserves the credit once again.
From the tall arched window, close onto eighty spans above the ground, not far below the top of the White Tower, Elaida could see for miles beyond Tar Valon, to the rolling plains and forests that bordered the broad River Erinin, running down from north and west before it divided around the white walls of the great island city.

Rand al'Thor, il Drago Rinato, si prepara ad attaccare il Reietto Sammael in Illian, e al tempo stesso si adopera per reprimere la ribellione portata avanti dai nobili di Cairhien. Con l’aiuto di Asha’man, Rand dovrà affrontare in un terribile duello Sammael a Shadar Logoth per conquistare la corona di Illian, un tempo nota con il nome di Corona d’Alloro e ora chiamata Corona di Spade.
Egwnene al’Vere e Siuan Sanche tentano di mettersi alla guida delle Aes Sedai ribelli a Saidar e contrastare il gruppo comandato da Elaida nella Torre Bianca di Tar Valon. Intanto, nella città di Ebou Dar, Elayne Trakand, Nynaeve al’Meara e Mat Cauthon sono ancora in cerca del ter’angreal, il solo mezzo con il quale sarebbe possibile bloccare l’innaturale clima torrido che il Tenebroso ha gettato sul mondo. Il Popolo del Mare sarà loro alleato nella ricerca e nello scontro con un Gholam.
What's happening here? / Some kind of plot or intrigue / I'll go back to sleep (davidwil)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0812550285, Mass Market Paperback)

Robert Jordan has created a rich and intricate tapestry of characters in his Wheel of Time series. In this seventh volume, Rand al'Thor--the Dragon Reborn--draws ever closer to the Last Battle as a stifling heat grips the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:31 -0400)

Elayne, Aviendha, and Mat work to restore the world's natural weather, while Egwene gathers a group of female channelers and Rand confronts the dread Forsaken Sammael.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,064,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible