Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Crossroads of Twilight

by Robert Jordan

Whte world and the characters stand at a crossroads, and as the world approaches twilight, the power of the Shadow grows stronger.

Another placeholder entry in this series. Not a whole lot happens here, but there is a lot of discussion about it just the same. ( )
  KrakenTamer | Oct 23, 2021 |
Now this one was a SLOG. There have been many, many times in WOT where I've wondered if we will ever get anywhere. In this book we truly don't. The endless political machinations of both the White Tower and Andor were so boring. Too many people who the reader does not care about at all. Reaching the end of the audio was a relief. ( )
  infjsarah | Oct 14, 2021 |
This was not one of my favorites in the series, but I will march on, got to finish it now! ( )
  JBroda | Sep 24, 2021 |
I own this Book ( )
  KarrieDossey | Sep 21, 2021 |
Life is a dream, and everyone wakes eventually.

Elayne continuing to solidify her hold in Caemlyn, all while being pregnant. Okay then.

Mat and Tuon in Valan Luca's show? Not bad. I like seeing the world building. Mat is amusing.

Perrin seeking Faile, growing harder all the while? Intense, but longer than it needs to be.

It's interesting to see how everyone from all over the world reacts to the Cleansing of Saidin in the previous book. Cements just how much Power they were using...

Overall, it feels like not much happens. Luckily everything starts speeding up again in [b:Knife of Dreams|13888|Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time, #11)|Robert Jordan|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1397856387s/13888.jpg|987750]. ( )
  jpv0 | Jul 21, 2021 |

Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ven, Sandra van deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And it shall come to pass, in the days when the Dark Hunt rides, when the right hand falters and the left hand strays, that mankind shall come to the Crossroads of Twilight and all that is, all that was, and all that will be shall balance on the point of a sword, while the winds of the Shadow grow.
--From The Prophecies of the Dragon translation believed done by Jain Charin, known as Jain Farstrider, shortly before his disappearance
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

---Anonymous fragment of a poem believed written near the end of the previous Age, known by some as the Third Age. Sometimes attributed to the Dragon Reborn.
For Harriet
Then, now, and always
Rodel Ituralde hated waiting, though he well knew it was the largest part of being a soldier.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,331,669 books! | Top bar: Always visible