Adulthood is a Myth: A Sarah's Scribbles…

Adulthood is a Myth: A Sarah's Scribbles Collection (2016)

by Sarah Andersen

English (59)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (61)
hilariously accurate account of adulthood told in cartoon strips ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
OMG YES

#gpoy ( )
  ishamaeli | Mar 17, 2019 |
I love this little graphic novel. There were so many points that I could identify with in this book that I kept chuckling to myself as I was reading it. There is always a little PMS humour in a women's perspective of adulthood along with grooming, clothes, friends, facebook, other online activities, work, sleep etc. The illustrations are exactly as described, scribbles, cute and the expressions were priceless. She definitely has women-hood down pat. I would recommend this book as a gift to mothers and female friends, a great stocking stuffer.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
If anyone were to ask me about my life this book would be a great approximation. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jan 22, 2019 |
I think that I had seen a reblog or two of this artist’s art on Tumblr, but, I’d never read any amount of them at one time.

Most of them are funny, too close to the truth, or both.

I especially liked the chortling uterus. All those, so, so true. Also the book ones made way too much sense. And honestly for a big portion of them I just found myself nodding in agreement with them. Pretty awesome (now onto reading the second book) ( )
  DanieXJ | Dec 15, 2018 |
I don't want to get up.

Adulthood is a myth confronts head-on the horrors, anxiety, and awkwardness of modern adult life. From the agony of holding hands with a gorgeous guy to the yawning pit of hell that is the wifi gone down to the eye-watering pain of eating too-hot pizza because one cannot stand to wait for it to cool down, Sarah fearlessly documents it all. Like the work of fellow Millennial authors Allie Brosh, Grace Helbig, and Gemma Correll, Sarah's total frankness on extremely personal issues such as body image, self-consciousness, introversion, relationships, and bra-washing makes her comics highly relatable and consistently hilarious.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,418,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible