The Air He Breathes

by Brittainy C. Cherry

Series: Elements [Cherry] (1)

I was warned about Tristan Cole. "Stay away from him," people said. "He's cruel." "He's cold." "He's damaged." It's easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster. But I couldn't do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me. We were both empty. We were both looking for something else. Something more. We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays. Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe. -- page 4 of cover. Elizabeth was warned to stay away from Tristan. They said he was cruel, cold, damaged-- it's easy to judge a man because of his past. But they were both empty, both looking for something else-- something more. Together, will they be able to put together the shattered pieces of their yesterdays?… (more)

I saw that coming 1000 miles away. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
Tissue warning in this book. Two widowers meet and try to help each other move on but things get complicated, specially when you use sex to forget or rin their case, to remember. Can be an emotional and difficult read in some parts. ( )
  Cookie1975 | Feb 17, 2021 |
Emotional Rollercoaster Where do I begin? Tristan and Elizabeth both have lived through anyone's worst nightmare. Losing their loved ones and trying to survive the heartbreak. Together they both start learning how to breath again.

Brittainy Cherry wrote an amazing story. Can't wait to read the next two books in the series. ( )
  Alisha2335 | Nov 8, 2020 |
to quote the wise words of professional dumbass tristan cole: “on a scale of 1 - 10, that’s a solid ‘fucked up’.”

like... a 2.5 star read? honestly this was Not That Good and i expected more based on how many people loved this, but the writing and romance just... didn’t do it for me. however i loved the main friendship in this between elizabeth & faye and some of the comedic scenes genuinely made me laugh so ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |
Unpopular opinion: Melodrama got, well, a little too overwrought for me to take. Writing is really nice so is story but there's no relief or breath from the intensity. I couldn't stand it. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |

Brittainy C. Cherryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mallon, ErinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallino, BrianNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,135,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible