A Red Death by Walter Mosley

A Red Death (1991)

by Walter Mosley

English (11)  Spanish (1)  All (12)
Missed this first time through. Had wondered how he'd fallen out with Odell. Now I know. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Apr 9, 2017 |
2.5 stars (for violence)
I fell in love with Easy Rawlins after the first book, but now, I'm not so sure. I think I'm not comfortable with the "easy" killing in these books. Still, the writing is first-rate, and they definitely fit the noir genre. I'll keep reading. ( )
  BookConcierge | Mar 3, 2016 |
another book I read for my contemporary lit class, and I am glad I read it. I am finding that this genre, the hard boiled PI novels, have depth! the main character, Easy, is SK tragic hero. He knows that no matter what happens in this case, there will be other battles. I liked this a lot ( )
  michaelbartley | Jan 23, 2013 |
Great dialog, strange but wonderful characters. ( )
  EctopicBrain | Dec 4, 2012 |
Not as good as first novel, 'Devil in the Blue Dress'. The book flow is kind of laboring. I noticed that both novels suffer from the same shortcoming - Easy (main character) just suddenly figures out everything in the end but there is no really logical explanation how he got to that conclusion. We will see how it is handled in other Walter Mosley novels. ( )
  everfresh1 | Sep 4, 2012 |
"If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.."

old blues refrain
Dedicated to the memory of Alberta Jackson and Lillian Keller with special thanks to Daniel and Elizabeth Russell

In order to avoid a prison sentence for a trumped-up tax evasion charge, Easy Rawlins agrees to infiltrate the First African Baptist Church and spy on alleged communist organizer Chaim Wenzler. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

Nailed by a racist IRS agent for tax evasion, Easy Rawlins is asked by the FBI to infiltrate the First African Baptist Church to spy on alleged communist union organizer Chaim Wenzler, but the case soon takes a deadly turn, in a mystery set in 1953 Los Angeles.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,151,788 books! | Top bar: Always visible