A Red Death by Walter Mosley

A Red Death (1991)

by Walter Mosley

English (13)  Spanish (1)  All languages (14)
I would have rated it higher but honestly by the end of the book I could care less about Easy's sex life. The mystery was good but the sex scenes really got in the way of the story for me, I like well written sex as much as the next person but when you start noticing how often it is in the story--problem. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
This is my second or third Walter Mosley book. A Red Death is the 2nd in the Easy Rollins series. The novel is busy with ideas. Rollins is not a dominant detective and gets abused by the world. I enjoy Mosley's rough and tumble plots. This books gave an entertaining read. The loose ends get tied up, but not in a pretty bow.
  jalfredb | Sep 2, 2017 |
Missed this first time through. Had wondered how he'd fallen out with Odell. Now I know. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Apr 9, 2017 |
2.5 stars (for violence)
I fell in love with Easy Rawlins after the first book, but now, I'm not so sure. I think I'm not comfortable with the "easy" killing in these books. Still, the writing is first-rate, and they definitely fit the noir genre. I'll keep reading. ( )
  BookConcierge | Mar 3, 2016 |
another book I read for my contemporary lit class, and I am glad I read it. I am finding that this genre, the hard boiled PI novels, have depth! the main character, Easy, is SK tragic hero. He knows that no matter what happens in this case, there will be other battles. I liked this a lot ( )
  michaelbartley | Jan 23, 2013 |
"If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.."

old blues refrain
Dedicated to the memory of Alberta Jackson and Lillian Keller with special thanks to Daniel and Elizabeth Russell

In order to avoid a prison sentence for a trumped-up tax evasion charge, Easy Rawlins agrees to infiltrate the First African Baptist Church and spy on alleged communist organizer Chaim Wenzler. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

Nailed by a racist IRS agent for tax evasion, Easy Rawlins is asked by the FBI to infiltrate the First African Baptist Church to spy on alleged communist union organizer Chaim Wenzler, but the case soon takes a deadly turn, in a mystery set in 1953 Los Angeles.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,834,613 books! | Top bar: Always visible