Dance for the Ivory Madonna by Don Sakers

Dance for the Ivory Madonna

by Don Sakers

I really enjoyed this book -- which frankly surprised me. It shows its age (published in 2002), and has rich overtones of Neil Stephenson. That said, I found it a more gripping interpretation of the potential impact of "the network." His sense of geopolitics was stunning, and with retrospect, its easy to see foreshadowing of Anonymous and current fears about epidemics... I highly recommend this.

NOTE: Borrowed from the Anne Arundel County Library (signed copy found on shelf -- but not appearing in catalog during check out; librarian eventually decided that it had been marked as lost in the past and removed from system; item was deemed in damaged condition and unfit for reshelving on return, after some back and forth the library gave me the copy).

(2014 Review #13) ( )
  bohannon | Sep 12, 2014 |
This book comes at you from many different viewpoints, much like Stand on Zanzibar, which makes the overall plot hard to remember after a couple of years. What I do remember is the brilliant use of science fiction fandom's strengths and foibles as the basis for a future community that can help save the world. ( )
  chrisjones | Apr 29, 2007 |

EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO . . . When Damien was eight, his father vanished - replaced by an impostor. The stranger stole his father's identity and murdered his mother, altering digital records to conceal the crime. Damien, finding that no adults believed him, fled to live with relatives.
NOW . . .
Damien is an adult; an operative in a covert international organization, acting under the command of the legendary Ivory Madonna. He has the power, he has the support of his friends - and now it's time to avenge his father. And, if he can, to save the world in the process.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:32 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,462,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible