Barbarian Alien

by Ruby Dixon

Twelve humans are left stranded on a wintry alien planet. I'm one of them. Yay, me.In order to survive, we have to take on a symbiont that wants to rewire our bodies to live in this brutal place. I like to call it a cootie. And my cootie's a jerk, because it also thinks I'm the mate to the biggest, surliest alien of the group.--This edition of BARBARIAN ALIEN is the complete story. BARBARIAN ALIEN is a sequel to ICE PLANET BARBARIANS. You do not have to read both in order to understand the plot, but the story will be richer if you do!… (more)

More sexy time and less plot than the first book but I devoured it in a day.

I think I have enough of a glimpse about what is happening with the characters that I could stop here and not be tortured like I was at the end of Book 1. But I will likely try KU at some point and keep going mostly since the desc for Book 3 has me so interested. ( )
  Seayla2020 | Dec 4, 2020 |
Liz and Rahoosh.

Book 2 in the series. Liz is feisty and not accepting of her situation at all. Rahoosh is all Alpha and not the easiest of people. A good strong story, they both have to show their strength of character to sort their issues out.
We get to know a bit more about women from the crash and also the planet and the aliens who live on it. Well written and funny as well as endearing. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
Go Liz

I love Liz and Raahosh. I think they are my favorite couple. I have to say I would do exactly what Liz did in her place.
  tetisheri | Aug 15, 2020 |
This is the second book in the Ice Planet Barbarians. Our heroine is like the other women, confused and scared of their new surroudings and situations. She doesn't want to have to take a mate, just to live but this is not Earth and if they want to survive, they will have to accept their new situation. But our heroine is a bit stubborn and our hero isn't meek or mild. He is one to take action especially when he doesn't understand why his mate is so resistent when he is only trying to help her. So he kidnaps her and takes her to his cave hidden from his people. Even though I enjoyed the first book a bit more, I did enjoy these characters and seeing their story fall into place here. I actually really liked seeing these two fall for each other and yeah its not simple by any means. Its also not a story to take too seriously. Its mean to be entertaining and unique and the author definitely gives us that with these blue horned aliens. I did like seeing how our heroine asserts herself into Raahosh's life and show him that she can be just as capable of a hunter as he is. But what really makes this story win for me is the ending here. I liked seeing the dynamics of the village and their culture, and seeing these two find their HEA, even if its pretty intense toward the end there. Definitely worth it to get to see them find their happy ending and the way they are so intune with each other and fight for the love they found with each other. ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 1, 2019 |

Barbarian Alien is book two in the Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon. Here we have Liz and Raahosh story.

The world and characters Ms. Dixon has created are fascinating. Each character is unique and you can connect to them. I like the dual-POV’s. They help give us both Liz and Raahosh perspective.

We have a couple here who need to work on their communication. Raahosh is not a talker and Liz, well she talks too much. Raahosh has some deep wounds in his soul that need healing. Having a mate gives him that chance to finally heal and have a family, but it doesn't come easily. Liz puts up a fight.

The one thing I really didn’t like was Liz’s treatment of Raahosh. I dislike a heroine who will smack a hero. I get that she is frustrated with her situation and that many if not all of her choices have been taken away from her, but to treat Raahosh the way she does with her actions and words, was disappointing. It made me dislike Liz.

Finally around the 35% range Liz has a revelation and gets her ass in gear. She apologizes and gives him a chance and starts to learn about the world. Once they progress, I finally fell into the story. They have a few challenges to get through with the tribe; before they can be together. It’s sad, sweet, and sexy.

I’m very much enjoying this Sci-Fi Romance series. Even though Barbarian Alien was not at the top of my list in this series. I still enjoyed it enough to go out and buy the next book. All the characters have enthralled me.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,204,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible