Stripped (2006)

by Brian Freeman

Series: Jonathan Stride (2)

They looked like isolated cases: a hit-and-run and a celebrity murdered during a fling with a prostitute. No one could ever imagine they'd be linked to a brutal crime in the city's steamy past - and that the race against the clock to corner a determined serial killer would stir up secrets long thought buried with the dead. As Detectives Jonathan Stride and Serena Dial are called to investigate, they have no idea what they're stepping into.… (more)

English (16)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (18)
Debated on 2 or 3 reviews and chose 2. In a few days, I won't be able to recall any of this story...it is just forgettable. None of the characters are likable. The story felt like "Basic Instinct" interrogation scene every chapter. Everyone is hot and screwing each other..oh, and it doesn't bother them to talk about their sex life with strangers. Characters talk about their drug use going so far as to offer some to the cops. Transvestite partner is always the victim...except when taunting the girlfriend's partner. By the way, was Stride so dumb he couldn't tell his partner was a bit off? I would assume a low masculine voice would give it away along with several other things. What was the plot of this book again?

I did make it through the book so it's got that going for it. 1 star is reserved for "can't finish it" ( )
  swampwampagus | Apr 14, 2021 |
Pretty much what you would expect from a mystery set in Vegas. Old Vegas memories, lots of sex, corruption, mob connects. Serena gets involved with another woman. I could see where the twists were going pretty quickly. ( )
  nx74defiant | Apr 7, 2021 |
omicidi dal passato ( )
  SamanthaRaciti | Feb 25, 2020 |
Brian Freeman does not disappoint! I thought I was clever piecing together the puzzle before the characters did...we were all wrong! I love that while I'm on the edge of my seat whizzing through the pages my mind is constantly recalling earlier passages, trying to think like the detectives or the perp and then trying to keep up with the author. Brian Freeman books are good exercise for the brain! Highly recommend him! ( )
  SkiKatt68 | Feb 26, 2016 |
I didn't realize that there was a Stride series. I can't wait to read more.

Jonathon Stride has moved from Minnesota to Las Vegas to be with Serena Dial. He retired from the Duluth PD and joined the force in Las Vegas. This was a very good mystery with lots of twists and complicated relationships. Nothing is what it seems even Stride's new partner, Amanda. It seems everyone in Las Vegas has a complicated or "not as it seems" story.

There is a murderer on the loose that is murdering people and he seems to have no agenda but is truly psychotic. Upon investigating Stride thinks it may be related to a murder 40 years ago that was supposedly solved. Stride is shut down from trying to connect the current murders and the past murder by the brass.

Freeman has many colorful characters with complicated pasts. Stripped is fast paced full of twists and turns! I look forward to reading more Jonathon Stride mysteries. ( )
  Diane_K | Jul 14, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

"Moeten misdaden beslist worden gestraft
door andere misdaden, en grotere misdadigers?"

- byron
For Connie, Thanks for being my special Dutch friend!
Voor Marcia
Ze liet de ochtendjas van haar schouders glijden, en de witte zijde plooide zich tot een harmonica aan haar voeten.

Brian Freeman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,145,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible