Lustlocked by Matt Wallace

Lustlocked (2016)

by Matt Wallace

More Awesomeness!

Best yet, great ending. Loved the cinematic scene with the cake. The sand painter is kind of a jerk but his granddaughter rocks. ( )
  Omegawega | Mar 31, 2018 |
Reviews at The Artemis Reader

I feel like I can’t even talk about this book without spoiling it. But if you seriously want a quick read and laugh, read the second book in the Sin du Jour series. You get introduced to a lot of characters fast, and frankly most are a little hard to remember, but the dialogue and plot are humorous and snappy. Plus plenty of references to the Goblin King – points to those who get that reference. A worthwhile little read nonetheless. ( )
  artemisreads | Jun 7, 2016 |
I would like to thank Macmillan-Tor/Forge & NetGalley for an e-ARC of this book to review. Though I received this e-book for free, that has no impact upon the honesty of my review.

Goodreads Teaser: "The staff of New York's premier supernatural catering company, has their work cut out for them in this outrageous follow-up to Envy of Angels.

Love is in the air at Sin du Jour.

The Goblin King (yes, that one) and his Queen are celebrating the marriage of their son to his human bride. Naturally the celebrations will be legendary.

But when desire and magic mix, the results can be unpredictable.

Our heroes are going to need more than passion for the job to survive the catering event of the decade!"

As with the first of story about Sin du Jour, this one is full of weird and wildly unpredictable events. It seems mayhem is the best way to describe how this place functions. The interplay of the various characters, their oddly unique skill sets, and the crazy things that happen around and to them, makes this a stunning sequel.

Lena and Darren return to Sin du Jour as regular employees this time, rather than temp workers. This means they finally begin to get the inside scoop on how things function, and the very high level of dysfunction. And all that happens within the first few pages. From there things just get zanier, and why it may be life and death for the staff and clients of Sin du Jour, no one ever said it couldn't be entertaining for the rest of us. And entertaining it is!

If I had to offer up anything negative to share it would be that the story is to short. I wanted more, and needed everything to last longer. There was one item that was brought up that I anticipated being a future hurdle for the intrepid team from Sin du Jour, but oddly it was simply left hanging on the branch like a forgotten apple. But aside from that, and again that was only mentioned because I want more of the tales from Sin du Jour, this was another raging success in my eyes. I can't wait for another adventure with the talented, and twisted, SdJ team. ( )
  Isisunit | Jan 21, 2016 |
They aren't biting today.

Love is in the air at Sin du Jour.

But when desire and magic mix, the results can be unpredictable.

Praise for Sin du Jour:

"Funny and demented . . . I'll read anything this guy writes."
― Chuck Wendig, author of Blackbirds and Zer0es, on Envy of Angels

"No one makes me think, 'Dammit, I should have thought of that!' like Matt Wallace. The Sin du Jour series is something I read with equal amounts of envy and delight."
― Mur Lafferty, Campbell Award winning author of The Shambling Guide to New York City

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:21:29 -0500)

The staff of New York's premier supernatural catering company have their work cut out for them as the goblin king and his queen celebrate the marriage of their son to his human bride.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,530,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible