Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Principles of Quantum Mechanics by Paul…

The Principles of Quantum Mechanics

by Paul Dirac

English (3)  Italian (1)  All languages (4)
Paul A M Dirac, the man, the myth, the legend, discusses Quantum Mechanics and its results from the first principles. Starting with the idea of a state, Dirac goes on to mention Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors and Eigenstates, continuing the discussion with some very advanced mathematics. This treatise builds on itself, deriving solutions from previous examples and ideas. The book is even a good length. My only real complaint is that the edition of this I found is from 1930 and I thought the paper would be damaged by my touching it. However, it seems that this notion of mine was unfounded, the thing I really needed to worry about was the binding.

In any case, this book was quite well done. My impasse came about at around a quarter of the way through the book, when it became necessary to have differential equations and Linear Algebra under your belt. I would like to find a book that explains this sort of thing in a manner that I can understand. Perhaps I shall reach out for that sort of thing. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |
The classic on the formalism of quantum mechanics. Only for the serious... But if you understand this stuff, this is one of the most clear and lucid books on QM ever written. ( )
  yapete | May 31, 2008 |
Dirac had a knack of explaining quite complicated things in a simple and understandable way. This is of course an old book, and it is very elementary, but I still remember the joyful feeling of being exposed to something that beautiful and clear. The old guy really made it possible for me to understand a bit of the underlying logic. Suddenly quantum mechanics didn't seem half as freaky as it used to. Great teacher. ( )
1 vote agricolaoval | May 9, 2007 |
Classical mechanics has been developed continuously from the time of Newton and applied to an ever-widening range of dynamical systems, including the electromagnetic field in interaction with matter.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,505,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible