The Viscount Who Loved Me

by Julia Quinn

Series: Bridgertons (2)

1814 promises to be another eventful season, but not, This Author believes, for Anthony Bridgerton, London's most elusive bachelor, who has shown no indication that he plans to marry. And in all truth, why should he? When it comes to playing the consummate rake, nobody does it better... --Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, April 1814 But this time the gossip columnists have it wrong. Anthony Bridgerton hasn't just decided to marry--he's even chosen a wife! The only obstacle is his intended's older sister, Kate Sheffield--the most meddlesome woman ever to grace a London ballroom. The spirited schemer is driving Anthony mad with her determination to stop the betrothal, but when he closes his eyes at night, Kate's the woman haunting his increasingly erotic dreams... Contrary to popular belief, Kate is quite sure that reformed rakes to not make the best husbands--and Anthony Bridgerton is the most wicked rogue of them all. Kate's determined to protect her sister--but she fears her own heart is vulnerable. And when Anthony's lips touch hers, she's suddenly afraid she might not be able to resist the reprehensible rake herself...… (more)

English (107)  German (1)  All languages (108)
Re-read after watching Bridgerton season 1 ( )
  NickyM96 | Nov 21, 2022 |

Julia Quinn - The Viscount Who Loved Me: Well, it was fast. (I understand how people felt robbed of the real Library scene in the series.) #cursorybookreviews #cursoryreviews ( )
  khage | Nov 20, 2022 |
Julia Quinn has a fun writing style, but her characters are wretched human beings. Anthony treats Katharine abominably, and I nearly threw my Kobo across the room in one scene.

I barely made it through this book, and I have no desire to read any other books by Julia Quinn. ( )
  RsReading | Nov 8, 2022 |
Did I wander into a retelling of taming of the shrew without realizing it? ( )
  yonitdm | Sep 1, 2022 |
This is so bad that it's good. I think I'm obsessed. ( )
  helloitsrafaela | Aug 22, 2022 |

Resende, AnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shabani, SuzannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Little Goose Twist,

who kept me company

throughout the writing of this book.

I can't wait to meet you!

And also for Paul,

even though he is allergic to musicals.
Anthony Bridgerton had always known he would die young.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,885,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible