The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

by Mariana Zapata

2221992,991 (4.29)14
Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans, and none of them include washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary. But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting her to come back, she's beyond shocked. For two years, the man known as the Wall of Winnipeg couldn't find it in him to tell her good morning or congratulate her on her birthday. Now? He's asking for the unthinkable. What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants?… (more)

Not for me.
  nikkiroy | Apr 14, 2021 |
Very unique and very beautiful ( )
  pakhi289 | Mar 26, 2021 |
4.5 stars

I really enjoyed this one. The female lead was easy for me to love. It seems like I often can't make a connection with women in romance books, but I think this one is awesome. The male lead is a great guy too. I truly appreciate him being a good person. He's a huge, rich football player, but he's so down-to-earth and normal. Both characters have issues with their families so it's nice how they comfort each other. The banter is great for sure. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Feb 17, 2021 |
I really really really REALLY LIKED this book!
Did I already said I really liked it?

Once I started reading [book:The Wall of Winnipeg and Me|28318522] I literally couldn't make myself put it down!
Right from the start I had a connection with Vanessa and, through her, I got to feel closer and closer to the other characters in the story...through her I also got more and more infatuated of Aiden ;)
I liked their interactions, the way they could sometimes understand so well each other and also the way they could still be so clueless about the other, and I loved - really loved - how the relationship between Vanessa and Aiden evolved.

Just one warning: it's a slow-paced story!
Maybe this could be a deterrent for many readers but in my opinion this book it's really worth it! ( )
  Lara-IT | Feb 3, 2021 |
I read Under Locke a long time ago and loved it and i saw this and thought i'd give it a go.

So it's Vanessa and Aiden, she works for him, he is a sports star who is out on injury time. She works really hard for him, going above and beyond the basics (no funny business) and he doesn't say thank you, apologise when he's rude (he's rude alot) and is generally awful to work for.

Van has enough and decides to leave... he turns up, he needs a favour...

I loved this book, the writing is amazing. Van at first admires Aiden, physically yes but more his work ethic but he kills it as he's so awful, she never has any illusions they could be together and this is really realistic. Also he never gets involved with women, he is too focused on work, i loved this so nice not to read about a man-whore. He is a dream.... if you like the quiet ones.

Aiden is fascinating, at first i wanted to hear his POV but its all from Vanessa's, this makes it all the more intriguing.

Loved it.

Dalton, CallieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Has the (non-series) sequel

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,013,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible