30 Days of Night by Steve Niles

30 Days of Night

by Steve Niles, Ben Templesmith (Illustrator)

English (22)  Danish (1)  All (23)
Man, this was some small, scribbly font. And the pictures were blurry and hard to figure out sometimes. But it added to the manic feeling of the story perfectly. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Thirty days without sunshine means a whole month of fun for creatures of the underworld. The art is beautiful (if gory) and the story vivid. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Really scary and breath taking. I loved the plot, it really delivered a nice base for the movie. Amazing drawings that enhances the terror atmosphere around Barrow. One of the best graphic thriller I've read. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
Good premise, but that's all that's good. ( )
  Michael.Xolotl | Nov 11, 2015 |
I remember hearing a lot of great things about 30 Days of Night before I read it. Someone at the local comic shop recommended it to me, and after seeing Templesmith's beautiful art style, I immediately picked it up. This was the first thing from Steve Niles that I read, and he quickly went to the top of my "creators to watch" list.

The whole thing is a wonderfully executed horror story with a very John Carpenter feel (in fact, you could almost say it's The Thing meets Assault on Precinct 13 with vampires). It's fast-paced and as violent as you'd expect it to be (unless you're a Hollywood executive, apparently... sigh... what a waste of a movie adaptation).

This one is always on my list of recommendations for anyone looking for some good comics to read... as long as they like horror and bloodshed, that is. ( )
  regularguy5mb | May 9, 2015 |
I’ve never read 30 Days of Night, but it seemed appropriate to pick up the fifth anniversary edition of the book on the eve of its theatrical release. The movie marketing promises a “reinvention of the vampire”, which sounds like big talk fluffery. For the most part, it is - Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith haven’t reinvented the vampire, but built a fascinating tale that hearkens back to the vampires of Fright Night. These aren’t New Orleans’ dregs, charming or filled with self-loathing, these are monsters, pure and simple, predators of the human race that hunt with pleasure and greed.

Steve Nilesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Templesmith, BenIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Barker, CliveIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Barrow, Alaska

November 17, 2001
This is the GRAPHIC NOVEL, do not combine it with the MOVIE.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0971977550, Paperback)

In a sleepy, secluded Alaska town called Barrow, the sun sets and doesn't rise for over thirty consecutive days and nights. From the darkness, across the frozen wasteland, an evil will come that will bring the residents of Barrow to their knees. The only hope for the town is the Sheriff and Deputy, husband and wife who are torn between their own survival and saving the town they love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:51 -0400)

"Dive deep into the nightmare world of Barrow, Alaska, where month-long winter darkness provides a siran cal to a band of bloodthirsty vampires. The townspeople's only hope of survival lies in the hands of Stella and Eben, the local husband-and-wife sheriff team. Can they save the town they love or will darkness descend forever?"--Cover, p.4.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,471,221 books! | Top bar: Always visible