Uther by Jack Whyte
With Uther, Jack Whyte, author of the richly praised Camulod Chronicles, has given us a portrait of Uther Pendragon, Merlyn's shadow--his boyhood companion and closest friend. And the man who would sire the King of the Britons. From the trials of boyhood to the new cloak of adult responsibility, we see Uther with fresh eyes. He will travel the length of the land, have adventures, and, through fate or tragedy, fall in love with the one woman he must not have. Uther is a compelling love story and, like the other books in the Camulod Chronicles, a version of the legend that is more realistic than anything that has been available to readers before.… (more)

Southwest Britain tale, after Romans left, 800 plus pgs, good story to keep me busy for 5 days. I'd hate to have lived then, I'm to soft and kids learned to cope then like only few adults do now. Would our generation & our kids ever drop over dead if we had to live as they did then. ( )
  donagiles | Jan 26, 2012 |
This was another great book in the Camulod series. I really enjoyed it but my only complaint was that it was a bit long. It sometimes felt like the story would never end. I have really enjoyed this whole series. ( )
  Iudita | Oct 24, 2011 |
Will not bother anything else in this series: everything ambles along, then Uther gets unlucky. ( )
  cgodsil | Oct 17, 2009 |
A wonderful retelling of Arthurian mythology from a more realistic and less mythological standpoint. Great read! ( )
  willowcove | Feb 19, 2009 |
This is an historical fiction series about King Arthur, and they are my favorite books of ALL time. Whyte is an amazing author, and his descriptions are amazing. The books tell a realistic story of King Arthur, without all of the magic and sorcery we see in modern myths. These books start off with King Arthur's great great grandfather, and chronicle the family until the death of King Arthur. The charectors are so well developed you feel as if you know them. The other great thing about these books is that they are written in journal-like form. So as different members of the family are "writing" the different books, the writing style and methods change slightly. ( )
1 vote hlselz | Feb 15, 2007 |
To my wife, Beverley,
and the Clan:
Jode, Mitch, Holly,
Jeanne & Michael,
and Phyllis
This was no spontaneous gathering to welcome her as a young bride to her new home; Vernica Varrus recognized that truth very quickly.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,821,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible