The Chosen by J. R. Ward
"A scorching forbidden love threatens to tear a rift through the Black Dagger Brotherhood in J. R. Ward's newest novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series. Xcor, leader of the Band of Bastards, convicted of treason against the Blind King, is facing a brutal interrogation and torturous death at the hands of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Yet after a life marked by cruelty and evil deeds, he accepts his soldier's fate, his sole regret the loss of a sacred female who was never his: the Chosen Layla. Layla alone knows the truth that will save Xcor's life. But revealing his sacrifice and his hidden heritage will expose them both and destroy everything Layla holds dear--even her role of mother to her precious young. Torn between love and loyalty, she must summon the courage to stand up against the only family she has for the only man she will ever love. Yet even if Xcor is somehow granted a reprieve, he and Layla would have to confront a graver challenge: bridging the chasm that divides their worlds without paving the way for a future of even greater war, desolation, and death. As a dangerous old enemy returns to Caldwell, and the identity of a new deity is revealed, nothing is certain or safe in the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, not even true love. or destinies that have long seemed set in stone. Praise for J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series "Utterly absorbing and deliciously erotic."--Angela Knight "To die for. I love this series!"--Suzanne Brockmann"-- "The Black Dagger Brotherhood has won a major victory over the Lessening Society, but the threat to their way of life is ever-present and life for the brotherhood is as chaotic as ever. Xcor, a tortured soul and a member of the brotherhood's rival group, is in custody waiting to be beaten and interrogated. They believe he is a major threat, but Layla knows the truth. Although she has just given birth to two infants, thoughts of Xcor consume her. He has fallen in love with Layla, but they both know it is impossible to be together unless the brotherhood gives Xcor a chance to prove himself. Their connection could end Xcor's lifetime of agonizing loneliness or tear apart everything Layla holds dear"--… (more)

Can I give The Chosen 5 more stars? Yes 10 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The Warden has totally hit this one out of the ballpark. ( )
  Linnnnie | Oct 7, 2019 |
Welcome to the world of the Brotherhood Xcor. ( )
  RobinCripps | Jul 12, 2019 |
While the primary story is about Xcor and Layla there is so many other storylines happening it feels a little ADD. Characters I have loved take on ugly aspects. The identity of a new deity is revealed, relationships I thought were so solid are fracturing. I've really got mixed feelings about this one. It's definitely engaging but I really hated some parts and loved others.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Book 15 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Xcor is convicted of treason, but escapes. Layla is torn between love for Xcor and her precious twins who will always come first. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Nov 4, 2017 |
I forgot to do my review. I had such strong feelings through out the story. I was so disappointed in some of the characters behaviors. The writing is still excellent and some very interesting twists have happened. I was really wondering how they were going to get Layla to a point of true happiness. JR Ward is doing a great job keeping me interested. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
To You:
After all this time,
you have been chosen.
Welcome home.
Firelight thrown from a shallow pit clawed across the damp walls of the cave, the rough rock face bleeding shadows.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,375,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible